do you like silly bands?! | Teen Ink

do you like silly bands?!

By jjlover420 BRONZE, Clifton Park, New York
jjlover420 BRONZE, Clifton Park, New York

dont panic its organic1 :)

Robert Croak came up with the idea of silly bands. The question is, why are they so popular? Silly bands were made and started selling online on November 2008. By August 2010 silly bands were selling their product in 8,000 stores across the U.S. and even many stores in Canada. You can almost find them anywhere!

Constant advertisement causes these little rubber bands of all shapes, sizes, and colors to sell more. A quote from Eteslya is “where ever you look-classrooms, playgrounds, and even cafeterias. Silly bands are everywhere.” You could have more than one kind of silly bands and just try to get all sorts of different ones that are out there.

Bright colors and shapes take your eye, especially kids. You can find silly bands almost anywhere now. Eteslya says “they are worn for everyone to see and kids, teens, and even adults notice.” Peoples everywhere have seen them, want them, or have them filling their wrists with fun and joy.

And then there’s the game of trading! You might have a silly band that someone wants and they have one you want so you might trade with them. Eleslya says “get the shapes you desire (the one a kid doesn’t have yet) for something trivial (the shape that has been on the wrist for a while.)’ different bands might have different sentimental values to you than to someone else that wants it.

If you have silly bands or even want some, go out and buy them. Maybe ask a friend for one and start collecting to start trading to get more! Their fun, cool, and even maybe fashionable to you and match what you’re wearing. Mix and match, maybe you will run into someone with just “the one” you’ve been looking for. As you see, silly bands are popular for MANY different reasons!