My Opinion On Emo

Is it bad to say that I feel bad for emos? I had a conversation with my friend, and she said she hates emo's for two reasons. 1: is that they like black 2: is that they cut themselves. What does that matter? It's just my opinion but, I mean...I find it unfair. I've talked to a lot of people and they say the same thing. Why can't they just leave them be? It's their choice, not anyone Else's. I do find cutting yourself a bad thing, but isn't it a choice? I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting again. But I have to speak about it in some way. I'm not emo, I'm just speaking for what I believe in. Emo's need more respect, maybe I'm crazy but I think so. I don't wan to sound like a bad person, that's not what I want. Plus, not all emo's cut themselves or like the color black. They just like the style, or for what ever other reason they have. I've had enough of holding this in. I saw a girl once at the mall who was getting bullied just because of her style. I wanted to do something, but I couldn't. Luckily the cops there helped her. I just think people sometimes miss interpret them. What's your opinion?

elmerthewizard said...

I understand what you're saying. Though, if you are just in it for the clothing, I'd consider you goth, not emo. Emo to me, is hurting yourself, being very anti-social, and very depressing, besides the matter of clothing.

Bullying someone for their style and personallity is something to be ashamed of. I have had a few emo friends and the best thing to do for them is to help them through whatever they're going through, and just be there for them. 

AshAsh8484 said...
i used to be emo and i didnt cut. not all emos cut. some just like the style.

agsmiley888 said...
i agree with you, i think that they should be left alone, i mean its their life and they can do what they want with it.  i do find being emo dumb, but it really is non of my businees.  i agree with you 100%

Savi101 replied...
thanks, its nice to know someone else feels the same.