How much is to much?

By , Pewaukee, WI
You just finished your homework, what is there to do? All of a sudden you remember that your favorite episode of The Office is recording on your DVR. Now you are set for the next 2 hours with nothing to do but relax and enjoy the fruitlessness of the Tube. Many American are zealous about their precious cable and would do anything to keep the channels running. Many are so coerced by the advertisements and the “special deals” that you can get by the TV companies. it is almost a scam because of all the money that we give them for channels that we don’t even watch.
TV is one of the leading factors that affect the way kid get their daily exercise and build their social skills. Watching a screen doesn’t take much skill to do and it is a great babysitter for inundate kids. All you need to do is plop a kid right in front of their favorite show and they become phlegmatic and end up falling asleep. Mission accomplished. Many kids would love to watch their shows than to hang with their parents and talk with them. It is very poignant how TV has revolutionized the way that children interact with their family members. And it is sanguine to say that television has made our society lazy.
Some people might be garbled by the facts that 66% of Americans have three or more TV sets. Why do you need that many TVs? One should be enough. But I guess many Americans cannot comprehend this. They just need more. Materialistic mentality is what goes through all of our minds. Buying more and more only corroborates that mentality and makes us crazy for more.
TV is bad for our society and should only be limited to a minimum for many of us.

Some one out there said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 7:06 am
I think that it's okay to watch TV once in a while, just not let it become an obcession.

Missirules replied...
And even if we didnt have tv kids still wouldn't talk to there parents.