Justin Bieber ~ Love Him or Hate Him?

Justin Bieber. Everytime I hear that name, a picture forms in my head. Millions of girls jumping up and down, screaming, hoping to get Justin to notice THEM. I also hear a song in my head when I hear the name 'Justin Bieber'. 'Baby' is the ONE song that I always hear when I think about Justin. Why? Because it is probably one of the most easily remembered songs of his, and it's played all the time on the radio. Basically, Justin Bieber is the name that drives girls crazy. But not all of them.

Justin Bieber rose up to fame after getting his start on Youtube, covering songs. The label that Justin signed his contract with is Usher's label. Pretty amazing, right? Now I know that there are the people out there thinking, "He has no talent and he sucks at singing. He sounds like a girl." But really, would a label sign a contract with Justin if he 'sucks at singing'? Exactly. Obviously, Justin has real talent. So why are there so many haters out there? Well the answer is complicated, so let me ramble about it, then maybe you guys can give me some feedback on what YOU think.

One thing that I keep hearing around school and online is that Justin Bieber sings like a girl. Now what I think, is that whoever started the whole thing about 'sounding like a girl' should be ashamed. EVERY guy goes through puberty, and EVERY guy's voice changes. Justin is no exception. There's nothing alien-like about him. I mean, he's just like any other normal guy (besides the huge superstar part-but we'll get to that later). Obviously, he's going to have a voice change too. And really, I don't even think he sounds like a girl. Think about it: If you compare him to Taylor Swift, you can obviously hear the difference. I don't think it's fair for a bunch of people to make fun of him for his voice, when tons of other guys are going through the same thing.

Making fun of Justin Bieber seems like the 'popular' thing to do at the moment. I mean, seriously, I can't go through a school day without hearing a mean Justin Bieber comment. There are so many mean things said about him, that I'm not going to write any specific comments. But if you get the drift of what I mean, then you can see that this "Let's-slam-Justin-Bieber-so-we-can-sound-cool" trend is everywhere. Basically, if you don't agree with a mean Justin Bieber comment, you're looked down upon as being a weird person who actually likes his music and him. It's hard to believe how quickly things have changed. For example, when Justin was first discovered, and his first songs came out, many girls I know went head-over-heals for him. But now, most most of those girls are saying that they hate Justin Bieber. Why? Because our peers are showing us that to be cool, you can't like Justin Bieber. You may be thinking, "But why does he have so many fans?" Honestly, I don't know. Considering all the 'haters', it's hard to believe how many fans Justin has.

I guess the ultimate question for me is, why do people hate Justin Bieber? He's good-looking, seems like a kind person, and his music comes from his heart. It's okay if you don't like his music, but why would you go as far to say, "I hate Justin Bieber"? It seems inconsiderate and mean to me. I'm not saying that you have to like Justin Bieber because he's perfect, because he's not; no one is. But I'm also saying that you shouldn't hate on him just because it's the cool thing to do.

LeahAGoodFriend said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 7:28 am:

First of All, Before i Knew Justin Bieber Was it undergoes a lot of steps 2009 i really don't know him but suddenly my brother open up a video of it and suddenly notice his cute and charming voice. Lately, @ 2010 As years have past i'd starting admiring him but not as like shout on it. But I Entered School Everyone Hates Justin Bieber and you know what i do.......(Seriously What Did I Do) start flowing with it and from then on i started faking myself that i hate Justin Bieber but.... Lately, ... (more »)

AmandaPanda123 replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 2:46 pm :
I'm glad you read my article. It warmed my heart to hear your experience, LeahAGoodFriend. I really dislike when people judge singers based on their voices.. Oh well, at least some people really see the good in people like you and I do!

soccerrXO618 said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 8:20 pm:
i love justin bieber(: and i thoguht this article was really good!!! thanks for sticking up 4 him:D i agree with you tht i cant either get through the day without hearing a abd comment about him):

TimekeeperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

The problem is that Justin Bieber is what? Sixteen now? Most guys go through puberty around age 12.

Justin Bieber's success is accredited to the same reason Twilight and the Jonas Brothers are successful-- industry big wigs selling to little girls.

The majority of Bieber's fanbase are children, particularly girls. I honestly don't think this is what he wanted out of a music career, but he'll likely never escape it.

anon replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 9:25 am :
Firstly, 12 is a bit of an exaduration, and secondly, he has actually gone through puberty now. He shaves etc, and if you listen to a song like Common Denominator or one of his early songs, and then listen to one of his later songs, his voice has changed a heck of a lot!

AmandaPanda123 said...
When I wrote this, I was just venting. So please don't take this offensively in any way. Thanks :)

Bieberfever967 replied...
Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:04 am :
I love this :) it true too everyone at my school except me and this other girl dont like him but they did last year? but i have to find an article on the internet about opinoin and im using this one...hope u dont mind

AmandaPanda123 replied...
Jan. 27, 2011 at 11:38 am :
Thanks for reading it! It's funny how many schools follow the same trends. Could you read my other work? And I don't mind if you use this :)