Facebook | Teen Ink

Facebook

November 17, 2010
By JRA401 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
JRA401 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
2 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
ummmhmmm.!


There are millions of people on facebook. I didn't know that many people were on there until somebody from China tried to add me as a friend. I didn't know them and they didn’t know me, so I declined the request. I barely even know a third of the people that are my friend on facebook. Those random friend requests, just so those people can be nosey and look at my profile, are getting annoying.

I hate when someone posts statuses that make no sense or about their life. Sweetie, no one cares! People need to get themselves together and stop posting irrelevant information that doesn't need to be show to the world. Go somewhere else with that, like MySpace, I barely get on there anyway.

Most of the time when I log onto facebook, I get these unwanted messages from snobby boys that just claim they want to be “just friends." My mom often asks me why I'm on there. She says facebook is trouble. On time I posted a status about my mom making gumbo, and someone asked my mom did she cook it. My mom didn't want to tell me who he or she was so I can go delete him or her as a friend. I get on facebook to connect with my family in other areas, or for my friends I talk to on a regular basis. Some people that I know on facebook talk to me on there, but not in person. The ones that don’t talk me only know me as a person over the Internet, if they were to really get to know me off the internet and outside of school, it would be a totally different ball game.

After I have thoroughly seen how I feel about facebook, I know that I need to make some changes on my profile. I know I won't accept friend request from people I don't know. Maybe I should stay off of facebook when I get home. It makes me not focus well on my schoolwork. My grades should be much better than they are now.