Real Beauty | Teen Ink

Real Beauty

By Caitydancer14 GOLD, Holland, Michigan
Caitydancer14 GOLD, Holland, Michigan

"Love is when two people choose to sit in the middle of a bench when there is plenty of room on the ends."-Anonymous

How many little girls think of their mothers as the most beaufitul people in the world? How many mothers secretly wish they were? Through the eyes of a child, beauty is simple. Through eyes of society, beauty is complicated, and the more we stretch the real meaning of beauty, the further we will go to achieve this thing called "beauty". Society has taught us to believe that to be pretty, we have to be perfect. But yet, we believe that perfection is unacheiveable. So we settle for forever striving to be as close to perfect as humanly possible, which is putting more and more pressure on teens in the world today. From what we see on TV, in movies, in magazines and in clothing stores everywhere, we are taught that to be gorgeous, we have to look exactly like those girls. What we do not realize is that those girls sit in a make-up chair for 2-3 hours, have professional stylists pick out their wardrobe, and are photographed on a set where the lighting is exactly right. I mean, honestly? How many average girls have that kind of morning routine? Answer: not many. Which is why our persepctive of beauty has become distorted. Here is the definition of beauty from the Merriam-Webster dictionary: the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit. According to the English language, beautiful girls aren't always the ones who wear the best clothes, have the prettiest hair, or are the thinnest. Beautiful girls know how to speak well, and can capture anyone with what they say. Beautiful girls also know how to listen. They are willing to accept anyone and everyone for who they are, because they accept themselves for who they are. And lastly, beautiful girls are the ones who don't care. They don't care what people think of their hair, their clothes, their shoes or their weight, because they know that they're amazing, exactly the way they are.

Ms Beautiful said...
on Jul. 29 2014 at 6:50 am
awesome..!!!!!! luv this article really fantastic!!!! <3 <3 :-D