WARNING: FACEBOOK | Teen Ink

WARNING: FACEBOOK

November 1, 2010
By anzia6 SILVER, Quaker Hill, Connecticut
anzia6 SILVER, Quaker Hill, Connecticut
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

THE FOLLOWING SOCIAL NETWORK SERVICE HAS PROVED TO HAVE SEVERE EFFECTS OVER PEOPLE OF ALL AGES BEHAVIORS, PLEASE CONTINUE TO READ THE FOLLOWING LIST OF EFFECTS/ SUGGESTIONS AND TAKE ACTION IN PROTECTING YOURSELF AND YOUR REPUTATION.

1.
You may begin to fear any face to face encounter.
2.
You may feel as though you want to stalk your exes, ex-friends and secret lovers.
3.
You will see/learn things about other people you may have never wished to see /learn.
4.
Beware of losing friends (some you never knew you had).
5.
Rumors will spread, most likely by those closest to you or you yourself.
6.
You will become obsessed! Every moment of free time you get you will check your Facebook, even moments where there is no free time.
7.
Keep hold of your morals and know who your real friends are.
8.
Creeps will find you and attempt to meet up with you, BEWARE!
9.
If you feel like “friending” people you don’t know, just don’t!
10.
Addicting
11.
“Sexting” may occur.
12.
You will find that you don’t know half of the friends you ‘claim’ to know, but if it makes you feel better having 3,000 friends GOOD FOR YOU! ?
13.
If you can think back to anyone that you don’t like, someone that you would want to avoid, delete your Facebook because they will find you!!!
14.
You may be so overcome with the joy of how many “Happy Birthdays!” the attention (not to mention the fact no one forgot) may cause you to have a heart attack so prepare yourself before going to your page.
15.
You will waste 5 days of your life posting, commenting, or browsing over your friend’s photos, remember to hug your children and go outside.
16.
If you’re fired or turned down from that job you really wanted, think back to those comments you posted after that B**** posted that picture of you and your man, yes major corporations check employees Facebook’s and take them very seriously. (Consider your friends and your man.)
17.
Hair may start falling out due to stress of not enough “likes” or no comments on your statuses, don’t worry your “friends” saw it, they are just too lazy to comment or push that little –like- button.
18.
Severe lack of social, writing skills may occur.
19.
You may begin to think in Facebook lingo, Ex. LOL, LMAO, ROFL, STFU, SMH, you can pretty much abbreviate anything these days.
20.
Remind yourself that even though it’s not on Facebook doesn’t mean it’s NOT OFFICIAL!!

****Don’t forget about what was before Facebook****