The "Popular" Girls. | Teen Ink

The "Popular" Girls.

By poppy_lin GOLD, Latrobe, Pennsylvania
poppy_lin GOLD, Latrobe, Pennsylvania

The world is full of popular, or “popular” people. How does one become so “popular”? After many years of research, study and observation, I have stumbled across an answer. Most of these “popular” girls and boys are usually rich. They have inherited “good looks” and an air of importance smells of puked up cotton candy. It’s all beyond our reach. I don’t how it happens, but the order of life is how it is always brought upon every school, every grade.
Here is a scene from a typically normal day of woe at school: You walk down the hall in your brand new Gryfinndor-red sneakers and you’re beyond pleased with your new outfit. Suddenly a rush of girls walk past, their Hollister perfume stanching you. They are wearing the latest styles from Abercrombie & Fitch and Aerpostale, not for the design, but for the price and popularity. You suddenly look down at your shoes, and realize they aren’t so great anymore.
This is a slightly exaggerated version of “popularity”. The meaning is this: Most popular girls wear certain styles not for their design, but for the price tag and “IN” value. They make you feel nauseated when they flaunt their new clothes or their own “style”. (Which is usually what’s new at the stores listed above) Here is another scenario, which I was involved in:
I was walking out of French class with my rock heavy books when, suddenly I noticed a gleaming diamond shining my way. Then it caught my undivided and morbid attention: A “popular” girl was twirling her large Chanel necklace around in her fingers in an oh-I’m-talking-to-my-friend-way, but it hid the true meaning of, oh-I-have-this-expensive-necklace-and-you-don’t-way. This may seem like I am stretching the truth beyond the limitations, but I do know a fake when I see one.
Another way you can find out that these people have a bubble-headed brain is if you check their facebook wall. If it is filled with “I <3 YOU!!!!!” messages and similar meanings, it means that they are people who think they are just too cool. But, really if you think about it in future form, it goes like this: They’ll be asking for your autograph one day and might be the oil smelling guy who washes your limo. It really does boost self-esteem.
So, it goes to show that this “appearance” of theirs is a big fat SHOW. I suggest, by all means, go ahead and join their clique if you refuse to believe my intense study and research. Just remember: There is always a crack hidden beneath that Mystic-tanned exterior.

it makes me angry when "popular" people are rude and just plain awful. there is always something buried beneath that flawless complexion.

cheers!

poppy_lin GOLD said...
poppy_lin GOLD, Latrobe, Pennsylvania

lol, i understand. i like to make my clothes, but these girls wrinkle their noses and turn them up. not only is it rude, but they're arrogant bullies.

thanks!

cheers!

poppy_lin GOLD said...
poppy_lin GOLD, Latrobe, Pennsylvania

agreed. :) i like the popular girls not involved in drama and are nice to people not because they just HAVE TO BE NICE.

thanks!

cheers!

missTaco BRONZE, Kingston, Massachusetts

Enjoy Today, because you could die tomorrow

popular girls are so annoying! like i care about hollister, formspring, and kissing every boy in sight! in 10 years imma go 2 micky ds were they work and laugh in there face. hahaha.......im evil.....

Lilliterra said...
I know people who will buy $100 shirts. Crazy huh? I don't wear makeup, and if I ever shop for my own clothes it's at Goodwill. I don't even really like wearing jeans, mostly skirts. I know a girl who is constantly saying how unfashionable I am. I think she's finally starting to get that I don't actually care.

poppy_lin GOLD said...
poppy_lin GOLD, Latrobe, Pennsylvania

thanks for reading and commenting!

i have to try and get my anger out of my essays lol.

i agree and social networks are increasingly getting dominated by stupid postings that have 0 meaning. popular people will grow up to work at McDonold's for all i care. It's Karma; if you're mean to a socalled "underling" it'll bite u right back.

cheers!

on Oct. 3 2010 at 11:53 am
Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

Isn't it so sad that the social world is ruled by these types of people? But, despite their malice, we really shouldn't hate them. Don't get too angry at them; just decide that they're definitely not 'above' you. Cheers to you also.

on Oct. 3 2010 at 11:51 am

~Kahlil Gibran

Sadly, most of your words are completely true. At my school, people aren't always popular because of wealth, they just have a certain air about them. I liked this article and that you're deciding that you don't have to take it anymore.

poppy_lin GOLD said...
poppy_lin GOLD, Latrobe, Pennsylvania

thanks for reading and commenting!!

i agree. I do not wear Hollister and i don't plan to. why not wear a pair of jeans that cost half of its price and probably are made better?

cheers!

on Oct. 2 2010 at 8:44 am
SnowFlakeStephyy SILVER, Bloomfield, New Jersey
this is so good and its sad how people will go out and buy $80 jeans just because its namebrand -_-