The "Popular" Girls. | Teen Ink

The "Popular" Girls.

September 26, 2010
By poppy_lin GOLD, Latrobe, Pennsylvania
poppy_lin GOLD, Latrobe, Pennsylvania
13 articles 0 photos 26 comments

The world is full of popular, or “popular” people. How does one become so “popular”? After many years of research, study and observation, I have stumbled across an answer. Most of these “popular” girls and boys are usually rich. They have inherited “good looks” and an air of importance smells of puked up cotton candy. It’s all beyond our reach. I don’t how it happens, but the order of life is how it is always brought upon every school, every grade.
Here is a scene from a typically normal day of woe at school: You walk down the hall in your brand new Gryfinndor-red sneakers and you’re beyond pleased with your new outfit. Suddenly a rush of girls walk past, their Hollister perfume stanching you. They are wearing the latest styles from Abercrombie & Fitch and Aerpostale, not for the design, but for the price and popularity. You suddenly look down at your shoes, and realize they aren’t so great anymore.
This is a slightly exaggerated version of “popularity”. The meaning is this: Most popular girls wear certain styles not for their design, but for the price tag and “IN” value. They make you feel nauseated when they flaunt their new clothes or their own “style”. (Which is usually what’s new at the stores listed above) Here is another scenario, which I was involved in:
I was walking out of French class with my rock heavy books when, suddenly I noticed a gleaming diamond shining my way. Then it caught my undivided and morbid attention: A “popular” girl was twirling her large Chanel necklace around in her fingers in an oh-I’m-talking-to-my-friend-way, but it hid the true meaning of, oh-I-have-this-expensive-necklace-and-you-don’t-way. This may seem like I am stretching the truth beyond the limitations, but I do know a fake when I see one.
Another way you can find out that these people have a bubble-headed brain is if you check their facebook wall. If it is filled with “I <3 YOU!!!!!” messages and similar meanings, it means that they are people who think they are just too cool. But, really if you think about it in future form, it goes like this: They’ll be asking for your autograph one day and might be the oil smelling guy who washes your limo. It really does boost self-esteem.
So, it goes to show that this “appearance” of theirs is a big fat SHOW. I suggest, by all means, go ahead and join their clique if you refuse to believe my intense study and research. Just remember: There is always a crack hidden beneath that Mystic-tanned exterior.


The author's comments:
it makes me angry when "popular" people are rude and just plain awful. there is always something buried beneath that flawless complexion.

cheers!