Pop or Rock

I live in a home with my Father and Step mother...my parents are devorced. My step-mom likes pop music stuff like Kesha, 3oh3!, and Rihanana.
My mom on the other hand likes rock and metal such as Maryilin Manson, Korn, and Black veil Brides.
I am however thrust into the middle... my dad and step-mom won't let me listen to metel or rock and i am constantly thrust into a world of pop and i only get to look at the other side...It kills me mentaly and physicly because i love them both but i can do nothing about it.
I still prefer rock and metal, but don't tell them...

TheKountess said...
Ahh Black Veil Brides and Korn are 2 of my absolute favorite bands. Funny how you mention them here together :) Go forth and enjoy whatever music you want. Be proud of what you like. Eventually everyone will realize that it's not their place to form your tastes. 

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Ah, music. Where would we be without it?

I love a large variety of music, most of which would be largely unpopular with the modern day teen (except for the Beatles!). But I hold no grudges against anyone for loving the music that they do. And don't worry, I won't tell anyone you prefer rock and metal. :)