Saggy Pants

The controversial topic. Sagging pants. Some say its ridiculously stupid and ugly, and others say they love it. Honestly there are two sides. And here's my opinion.
I think if a person is a little older, and was raised when the times were a little more stricter then they will oppose the idea of saggy pants. But if a person was raised around a little more comfortable environment then they could care less or like the idea.
Although I would never wear pants to that extreme looseness, I don't think of it so horribly. Maybe some people take it a little too far, yes, I'll give them that. But I also don't think its unattractive, to me its just another way of people, mostly boys, expressing their style. And who is anyone to judge them? I don't think it looks that comfortable and I don't see how it could be but if people like to wear their pants that way then leave them alone. A town in my state is trying to put fines on sagging pants.
This is America, its supposed to be a 'free' country. Well how can people be free if they are told what they can and cannot wear. I also feel this way about school dress codes, I can agree with some things but many schools are taking it too far. I mean seriously, something as small as that? I'd like to see real criminals taken care of instead of people having to pay for their sense of style.
I like wearing tight pants, I know people can agree with me, and that's like someone telling me that my pants can't be as tight as I like them to be. If people put themselves in each others shoes and really look at things in their perspective then I think people could really start to get along better.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I've never held much of an opinion on this, but I think people should be able to wear whatever they want. Sagging is just another passing fad, so it's ridiculous to put a fine on it.

Starphire87 said...
You are so right. It's exactly the same with school uniforms, why should school uniforms limit kids to expressing themselves? People just judge so quickly based on appearance, but that person that sags their pants, might just be the next Albert Einstien.