It's a Dog's World

The term "a dog is a man's best friend" has risen to new heights these days. It seems that dogs have as many luxuries we people do. Dogs never have to go naked, with designers that solely design clothes for the four-legged kind. With doggie hotels with masseurs, manicurists, and peanut butter ice cream socials, you never have to feel guilty for leaving your tail-wager behind while you go on vacation. They have there own pooch parks where they are free to roam and play with other four legged friends. Ice cream shops and boutiques are other delights dogs share with us.

How is it that dogs can creep their way into our hearts the way they do? Is it the way they wake you up at dawn with their good-morning licks? Or, how their little dog faces always seem to show the right expression at every moment. How their eyes can say a thousand things with out saying a word, and can read you better than anyone else. Sure, dogs can be rowdy at times, and loud- very loud- but you cannot help but love them. From the tiniest Chihuahua to the largest Great Dane, once they enter your heart you just aren’t the same, they leave their print. Maybe that is why a dog is and always will be known as “man’s best friend”, and is duly treated like it.

Snicker L. said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 8:57 pm:
yea, i have a dog 2. her name is kizzy. i luv her with all my heart!

ThisLitIsBananasThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 8:49 pm:
Aww I liked this. I'm just about to get a puppy so I really enjoyed reading about your love for dogs :) check out some of my work? :D