21st Century Addictions

You can't help but think that we as a people are addicts. We are addicts to the 21st Century; addicts to technology. Can we go a day without using technology? No. And if you say you can, then you're either lying or you're stuck in the 19th Century. So tell me, my fellow readers and writers, have you ever gone a day without using technology? I doubt it. We use technology everyday. Whether it's turning on the lights, heating up some Chef Boyardee in the microwave, or getting on the computer to watch people humiliate themselves on YouTube. We can't live without it!

I've heard my generation be called "The Lost Generation". And I hate to admit it, but it does kinda make sense. We spend hours on the computer, watching tv, or texting. We've gone from a time when spending time with family is the most important thing in the world, to making sure that we get on Facebook or tell everyone on Twitter that we have to pee. Crazy, huh? If you ask me, I completely believe that I am addicted. No, I am NOT a heroin addict and I DON'T snort coke, but I am able to let down my ego and admit that I am completely, 100% addicted to technology.

chezbona said...
Jan. 25, 2015 at 9:30 am
you're damn right

A_Dreamer said...
I agree with your opinion, it's true. I couldn't survive a day without any of that stuff [besides Twitter...eww!]. Good job ezxpressing yourself in this article!

LuvKirstyn14 replied...
Lol right, twitter is dumb. Thanxz!

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree, it's a very sad thing. I'm trying to cut down; however, I confess, it's difficult. I think that when it comes to the technology that most are obsessed with, the solution is the middle way. I doubt that the Amish are going about things the right way, but we are too consumed with technology. Technology has a good purpose, but it shouldn't dominate our lives.

LuvKirstyn14 replied...
Right, but i think that technology is beginning to consume our lives because it's what we're used to. We're not used to living in a world without it. And honestly, i think i would go crazy without my phone, tv, computer, etc. Thanxz for the comment!

toxic.monkey said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 11:45 am
It's sad but true, we are very very addicted to Facebook, texting, TV, computer games. But I think it's just part of our lives today, there's no going back. And of course there are parts of the world where there is hardly any technology to be addicted to- and we call those countries developing because of it. Technology is a good thing, especially if it helps make life easier or healthier for people (I am not talking of Wiis, playstations, 3D TVs, super gamer computers and other pretty much usele... (more »)

LuvKirstyn14 replied...
Yea, i agree with u. Technology is both a blessing and a curse

partlycloudyholiday This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:05 am
Honest writing expressed in a powerful way. People do need to realize how dangerous it can be to be addicted to technology. This could even be expanded upon with a little research on internet addictions. There's evidence out there. You have the basis for a great persuasive essay in this piece.

LuvKirstyn14 replied...
Yea, thanxz. I was thinking the same thing

mudpuppy said...

Okay, I admit it, I too am addicted to technology, NOT DRUGS OR ALCOHOL!

LuvKirstyn14 replied...
Lolz right, stay above the influence