What I Found This Year | Teen Ink

What I Found This Year

Freshman year would have eto be one of the hardest years emotionally for me. Friends were getting boyfriends, going on dates, skipping class, stealing, and finding there own way. It was hard for me this year to find my way. Where i fit in. I knew that stealing was wrong, and that having physical relations with a boy this young was not right as well. It was hard for me though, because all my friends were doing these things. Not that I wanted to do it, and couldn't, rather, that i felt like we didn't connect on the same level anymore because we viewed such moral things as different. I had to decide weather i was going to let teasing over a purity ring stop me from wearing it. I had to decide weather it was worth losing a friend to date a boy, and i had to decide the roll i was going to play in school, and in life. I try not to let the pressures to "be cool" or to "fit in" really get to me. But the main one here was to "fit in". I didn't want to do the numerous things that my friends were doing that i knew were wrong, but it was hard for me to continue the friendship on the deap level we had, without doing the things they were doing, and disagreeing with them on so many life decisions. Having a boyfriend freshman year, may not seem like a big deal for later on in life. But it's the small decisions that we make now that help us form a good character for when we get older and are on our own. So this year, i guess more than anything, i found myself. I decided who i wanted to be. I was able to look at people and they're actions and think " i don't want this" i was able to stand up for my beliefs and be the best person i can be, andi found where i fit in. Not caring what other people think and doing what i know is right. This year, i found myself.

My teacher at the end of the year wanted us to write a short paper on what we found this past year. This was mine.

writer62 SILVER, Springfield, Virginia

" in order to be the best you have to play the best, in order to play the best you must practice the best, in order to practice the best you must practice the most. Practice is the key to being the best!"

thank you <3

flee said...
Wow!  That is totally cool. You r amazing.......

Great work! wow