Beauty

Beauty? What is beauty?

Those lies fed through Slim Fast and girls bent over toilets by models, transparent when seen from the side?

I used to believe it.

They say you gotta be 5’2”, size two, blonde do?
Yeah.. Okay
That isn't for me and I'm not gunna make this long, but you need to understand that

Beauty is no longer in the eye of the beholder because there’s only one beholder and that’s definitely not us anymore. These girls, a copy of those they see on the “big screen” who were a copy themselves from the start. So we’re all copying a copy of a copy trying to be prettier, skinnier than the copy of that same copy we see on the street.

That street, filled with women of all shapes, but all full of the same proverbs. I wish I looked like her. I wish I looked like her. I wish I looked like her. What’s taught us to wish ourselves out of the body God gave us?

These copies look down at the voluptuous women as if their weight is directly proportional to the value of their make up, their integrity as a human being, as a woman. Child bearing hips and the chub on my stomach doesn’t affect how personable, how caring, how ANYTHING I am.

So this beauty the media tries to feed us?

The beauty being taught to our sisters, daughters, nieces?

That’s make believe.

xxzoE said...
Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:40 am
So true. Why do we wish to be something other then ourselves. We only ever have one body. Thats a fact and its not going to change so embrace who you are and what you have to offer to the world.