Greed, Money, and The Selfish

I splashed ice cold water on my pale face. I looked up, staring at myself in the mirror and watched as my $5 eyeliner dripped down my face. For some reason I wanted to look good today. I wanted for once to be noticed but I realised something when I got home after school. I was being like those snobby little brats from school. It was something that I never wanted to be. And the most stupidest thing was that they spent $30 just for eyeliner and $100 just for a leather jacket when there was an exact one for $20.
Girls like that pissed me off. Just because they had money didn’t mean they had to use to for pointless material objects. I have money but do you see me buying a $500 bag from Guess! No, I like being different and having my own style. I shop at op shops and indie stores in the city. I may look weird to you but I look like myself to me. When I look at you I only see an outfit that’s from a fashion magazine.
Maybe for once we can use that money on helping people that don’t have the best of everything. For once I want to see my school do something for people in need and not for themselves.
Be different because you have something that people would love to see in you!

Sliva23 said...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 8:35 am
aww thanks soo much...means alot to me

Someone_Who_Is_Loved said...
LOVE this!!!!! So good. I really like the beginning and about the eyeliner. You painted a picture in my head. Keep writing!!!! :)

Heathurrlovesyouu said...
I really like this. I used to TRY to be the thirty dollar eyeliner girl, I now am a proud walmart shopper. :)

Sliva23 replied...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 8:36 am
hahah....good for u....im the same...i dont spend alot on makeup :)

i.ll_be_fine_899 said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 10:05 am
great article!!!! i completely agree 100%!! its all so very true...and yepp, we do need to spend money on more important things *nods* good jobb

AnneOnnimous said...
I agree with your message, because a lot of things in the modern world are pointless and wasteful considering how little others have. But I also think that you shouldn't bash people just for having nice clothes and nice makeup. As Threefiddy said, their parents or they earned the money to pay for that, and they should be allowed to do whatever they want with this money they earned (as long as it's legal). Also, just because you don't know the difference between $30 and $5 eyeliner, doesn't mean ... (more »)

Sliva23fallen replied...
Jun. 29, 2010 at 1:38 am
thanks for commenting. and i would also say that alot of the girls and boys in my school seem to hate community services and i have tryed to make the school help out.

Threefiddy said...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:07 am

Or maybe it could start with you doing something rather than demanding that others spend their time and money. I doubt the worst thing somebody could do is producing goods and services that we want.

If the only reason you don't like them is because they spend a lot of money, that seems pretty elitest. They or their parents (probably their parents) earned that money, they should be able to spend the product of their labor as they want.