What is "perfection?"

Perfection; a state of completeness and flawlessness. Imagine living life trying to be perfect and trying to be flawless? The definition of perfection has been engraved in the brain of many people causing self hatred and causing a distorted vision in the eyes of those obsessed with perfection. Life should not consist of spending money on plastic surgery to look like somebody else. Flaws should be embraced not hidden. Every person on Earth has one part of themselves that they do not like, but that does not mean they should hide their flaws. Nobody is perfect. The media has created a vision of perfection that includes being skinny, having perfect teeth, flawless skin, and many other qualities. Many women feel the need to look hot in order to get men causing anorexia, body dysmorphic disorder, and thousands of dollars on plastic surgery to look perfect. Uniqueness should be embraced. When does personality come into play when looking for a soul mate? It is human nature to be attracted to somebody for their looks but is that all that matters?

Sliva23 said...
Jul. 5, 2010 at 3:02 am
Pretty much covers everything i feel about perfection........if only there was a way to ban perfection lol great article

Iloveme This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:58 am
I really like this article. :)