Beautiful Liars | Teen Ink

Beautiful Liars

By blueeyedangelz12 BRONZE, Temecula, California
blueeyedangelz12 BRONZE, Temecula, California

To the world, you're one person, to one person, you could be the world.

Beautiful people are certainly rare. If you look around the room, you may see a few "pretty" people, but there are only handful of truly beautiful people in the world. Beautiful people stand out, correct? We want to be beautiful, all of us want to be beautiful, and loved, but being "beautiful" can certainly be deceiving. We see models everywhere-from books to billboards, no matter where you go, you will see a model in some sort of form. What has become popular in the Modeling world is stick-thin and flat-chested. Count how many curvy models you find throughout a magazine, there are usually only a very small amount, or none. Society has taught us, skinny, skinny, skinny, and nothing else.
I am 5"8" and have curves galore. I would be considered to have a long-torosoed curvy body. Whenever I look through Teen Vogue, I only see stick-thin models who are made-up beyond belief. What you see on a glossy magazine are airbrushed models and they hardly look the same in real life.
I used to hate my curves, and my height. I saw everyone around me as flat-chested, skinny, and short, and I wanted to be that as much as possible. The Modeling world has taught us that anything beyond skinny, tall, flat-chested, and straight as a board is beautiful. But beauty needs to stop being determined by other people. I searched for things such as "short" pills, dietary pills, and swore to myself that the day I turned 18, I was going to get a chest-reduction operation. My "beautiful" wasn't beautiful enough for the world. Or so I thought.
Being beautiful hardly ever means looks. Sure, if you have a stunningly-beautiful best friend who gets all the attention from everybody, and you're envious, it must seen nice to be her, but being beautiful comes from the inside. All the Models in the world don't matter a thing if you are truly beautiful. The way to being beautiful? Know you are. I got sick and tired of seeing such thin models, when I was voluptuous, and I hardly felt beautiful, even though I had a pretty face. But I became beautiful because I started to believe I was.
The world is filed with just a bunch of Beautiful Liars, who try to convince people what is beautiful and what isn't. Beauty can't be defined by one person, and it comes in all forms.
Dont let Beautiful Liars try to convince you what is beautiful and what isn't-You're only as pretty as you let yourself believe you are.

Sliva23 BRONZE said...
on Jul. 5 2010 at 2:48 am
Sliva23 BRONZE, Melbourne, Other

Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined. Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind.

This is so true......beauty isnt about just looks its about inner beauty too

Thanks for commenting on my story :)

I agree with you- I got sick & tired of people trying to define what beautiful was and what wasn't :)

Glad you liked it :)

KitBee SILVER said...
KitBee SILVER, Parker, Colorado

"A fact is a simple statement that everyone believes. It is innocent, unless found guilty. A hypothesis is a novel suggestion that no one wants to believe. It is guilty, until found effective."- Edward Teller

right on! I am 5'10'' with curves and i think you are most definetly speaking the truth! beauty needs to be defined in our own individual terms, rather than societies!