The newest and the hottest | Teen Ink

The newest and the hottest

June 6, 2010
By andrea001 BRONZE, Guayaquil, Other
andrea001 BRONZE, Guayaquil, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"exploit your potential"; "everyone's good at something,find your something"


Fashion always changes- but I like to call them improvements better than changes. From the unpredictable haute couture runways to the wearable collections of prêt a porter, I wanted to show you the highlight trends of this New Year and the success of the 2009.Last year I was very much impressed by the great comeback of wedges, since they have such a great heel and plus they’re absolutely comfortable, major designers have shown them in their collections such as: Dolce&Gabanna and Michael Kors.But still designers have a great passion for high heels, and after a long time they haven’t been off the runway, it seems like they’re here to stay. Empire waist dresses, ankle boots and bird cage heels have also been a success and are still seen in the latest collections. Bright colors are a must have in every woman’s closet. Girly accessories to brighten up an outfit are essential this season such as colorful bangles and the right lipstick color. Since fashion is very contradictory aside of the girly outfits we could also see a lot of masculine feminine looks that included boyfriend jeans, oversized tees and blazers paired up with floral dresses. Last year we could also see many different hair do’s such as the boho headband with the long wavy hair, but it seemed to be replaced by braids, so if you wanted a girly look you got it. We are very excited to see what new trends we can pick up at the shows this year; hopefully you will be hearing of them soon.
Millions of xo’s,
Andrea