What the Heck? | Teen Ink

What the Heck?

Piercings have been a problem since elementary school. My dad said, “An earring in your right ear means you’re gay, and your never getting one anyways.” I never really understood this, because I’m right handed. I even think that the right side is the best side. Then 2002 comes up, and this whole left ear thing started. Tons of boys all around me were getting their left ear pierced. And as years went by, more and more boys every year. (Of course I wasn’t allowed to get any holes on me unless I ran into something sharp. It was okay for girls of course. At two both my sisters were already pierced.)

Then in 2007 everyone, boys and girls, had piercings. Not one in each ear, but allover theirselves. Now walking through the hallways of high school, I see lip rings, tongue rings, and rings in noses that bulls wear on TV. Don’t even get me started on piercings on eyebrows, and cheeks. I’ve seen little kids run from a person with all those piercings on their face.

Next let’s talk about tattoos. Ever since I remember, my dad has had this cool tiger on his arm, a dragon on his back, and a salamander on his other arm. Ever since I was about seven, I wanted a tattoo. Not because of my dad, but because they always stuck out to me. I was told that at 18, you’re allowed to get tattoos. If this is true, how come so many students have them already? Do tattoo artists just not check id any more. Seniors and some juniors should be allowed, but why do we see sophomores and freshman with them?

Anyways, its true that having piercings all over your face, and tattoos all over your body does not encourage someone to hire you. If it was a choice between someone like that, and someone dressed in a tie with no piercings or tattoos, who would you pick? You decide.

TheJust ELITE said...
on Jun. 8 2010 at 11:16 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

You can get tattoos before you're 18, you just have to have your parent/guardian's approval. And yes, there are some places that don't check id or really even care all that much, but it's mainly the fact that parents don't care and will allow their kids to get tattoos.