Trash | Teen Ink

Trash

May 13, 2010
By Alicia Triemert BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Alicia Triemert BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
1 article 2 photos 1 comment

Is the hip hop world degrading women and contaminating the minds of young individuals? Singing about sex, drugs, and drinking its spoiling the minds of young, growing teens. “Say Aah” by the up and coming hip hop artist Trey Songz is a perfect example of a song that exposes horrible things to our generation. Its some of the most popular music, yet the most complained about.
Young ladies in skimpy bikinis showing off and on godly amount of skin surround famous men as if they are an accessory. These girls are getting the label as a “groupie” they are also known to sleep with the artists. This trashy music is rising to the top and fast. Not only is its popularity growing but once its number one it stays there for weeks and even months. This music is obviously not being aimed at the older generations but the young influential generation.
These artists are singing about crude topics and are young adults the same age as you and I. The writer of these songs may not clearly be talking about sex and drinking behaviors, but they are definitely suggesting them. From the song “Shots” to the song “Candy Shop”. Not only are these songs influential but deadly. Deadly as in infecting the minds of young ones, exposing them to things completely opposite from what they should see, and saying it “ok” to be a parent at the age of 16.