Carelessly Cussing

By , Aurora, CO
Try to go a week without hearing cusswords. Better yet, go a day. Any success? Didn’t think so. I’ve found that people speak without knowing what they’re saying. Why do people do it? Do people take pleasure out of doing wrong?
I hear it all the time and I’m tired of it. These are extremely heavy words. Using them in normal speech or jokes is speaking filth. Using them at all is horrible. Any one of these words have terrible meaning, and they’re tossed around like they're nothing.
I’ve been called a bad name before. It was brief, and it was just a joke. Do you know how deeply cut I was? I was pained and it took awhile for me to get over it. (And believe me, I’m not a sensitive person.) It was no joke to me. It told me I was less than I was. It told me I wasn’t human. The world needs to see these words for what they really are.
It’s disrespectful to others, and to those who don’t cuss. Must people say them in every sentence? They may seem like just words, but I have learned by experience that they’re not. They have extreme power that's purpose is to tear you and others down.

ArtemisOwlfeather said...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:01 am
Nice job! I agree.