Modest is the Hottest

Modest is the hottest! I have heard this saying many times in my life. What does it mean? As a thirteen-year-old girl what message do I want to send about myself? The message I want to send is I want people/guys to like me for my personality not for the way I dress. I do not want guys talking to me for the wrong reason. The message I do not want to send is that I do not care and respect my body. These days’ girls feel they need to show off more because other wise guys wont like them. This is not true, I talked to some of my guy friends and they told me that it is uncomfortable for them to talk to girls when they are wearing short shorts/skirts or low shirts. They feel weird around girls that wear that type of clothing. Who knows maybe that is why guys stare at girls when they are wearing really short shorts, skirts, or dresses. It is very distracting to everyone around when people dress immodest. Girls don’t need to show off their body. There is no point, it is not comfortable, so why show off your body just be modest and have fun!

hate_love_theory said...
i agree but it could be that i am a 2 year morman and we learn to be modist. i dont like dressing like well ill say it a $lut but i like dressing with tast.. maybe some skinny jeans with a dressy top (not low cut) with some high heals. but not a short skirt tank top and hooter heals (you know the heals the hooter girls were.) well ya love this 5 stars!!

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I totally agree! I hate it when girls wear shirts that are too low cut. I'm just thinking to myself, no one wants to see down your shirt!!!! Pull it up! And a lot of girls in my school wear leggings as pants. Not even with a tunic top or a dress. And not just thin girls. I hate seeing bigger girls in tight leggings and you can see every detail in their butt and legs. Really, it's gross and no one wants to see it. Anyway, I like your article. It has a good message.

Howard replied...
THANKS!! haha sorry i would have replied sooner but i have been busy. It really is so annoying i hate when girls wear only leggings its discussing! Personally i don't think its attractive at all but that's just me.