TLAS! (Three-letter anacronyms stink!) | Teen Ink

TLAS! (Three-letter anacronyms stink!)

Lol! Why use actual words when we can talk with the first letter from each? It saves so much time.
OMG! But why haven't us teenagers taken this fad farther? Let's apply it to all of speech. TWWCCIAIWBSMMS! (That way we can conserve ink and it will be so much more simple!)

jk, I know that would be ridiculous. Jk that jk, because what's ridiculous is people's grammar these days. they cant spell for their lives and who cares about punctuation lets just get our point acros as quikly and painlessly as possible right,

LOL what's hilarious is when people accidentally use their anacronyms (figure that one out texters) in face-to-face conversation. It's a mix between valley girl, '"I'm to cool to use the rest of the letters", and dreadful foretelling of the 22nd century. "Say what? I'm talking to a machine!"

But if you ever do use those letters around me, you better mean what you say. LOL means laughing out loud -- so if you're not bellowing laughter to the whole house I will hunt you down. And don't ever abuse ROTFL. There are not many people awesome enough to actually roll on the floor when they laugh, so don't pretend to be one of the elect.

gtg ttyl

manga_maniac SILVER, Bloomington, Indiana
Lol, and yea i'm relly laughing out loud

brainiac SILVER, Grove City, Ohio

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future.

I don't care much for all these abbreviations, since I don't what half of them mean. Your article is funny.