80's Fashion Comeback

Eighties Fashion Comeback

Don’t you feel like you have taken a trip on a time machine back in the 80’s? You see people with what looks like tie dyed hair, feather bangs, and Mohawks. They are wearing tight, skinny jeans, that are a variation of colors, leg warmers, and leggings. Well, let me tell you that you haven’t! It’s still the 21st century, and for those who love it or hate it, the 80’s fashions are back! Personally, I think it’s a cool way for teens to express ourselves and find what we like or not. If you like skinny jeans then go ahead try them on. This style is in.

I know my parents and other adults were embarrassed with this fashion and they would dread looking back at their high school pictures. They even laugh at us, because we have started to wear the clothing that they wore for more than about 20 years ago. One question that is still in peoples’ heads is how did this fashion trend come back? Well know one knows for sure how it came back. Was it the media again? MTV started this fashion and people followed. Teenaged girls tried to dress up like Madonna and guys would try to imitate the images of members of the bands like Metallica, Bon Jovi, or Poison. For us, I think it would be, because of people like Avril Lavigne and other stars.

What do people think of this fashion that came back? “I actually kind of like it. I like the leg warmers, because they‘re cute. I think it’s kind of cool, but some of the things should definitely stay in the 80’s like parachute pants,” replied 9th grader, Megan, but Dylan , another 9th grader, thought different. “It should have stayed in the 80‘s. I don’t understand why it‘s back,” he said.

What about the adults? “I think it’s a bad look, like leggings with the skirts. Even woman my age wear this and I would just think to myself ‘What are you wearing?’ I guess it’s not my favorite style. It’s not me,” responded Mr. Veight. Marta Coreas, a mother of two teens, told me that she didn’t care if she saw a girl walking down the street with skinny jeans, or a guy having a Mohawk on his head and that its was just a fashion.

Sorry for those that hate it, and for those that feel that they are being haunted, but the truth is it’s back and it may stay with us for a while. I think that it’s a great way to express ourselves and to experiment with the world of fashion. I do think that there are some things that should have never been brought back today. Neon pants and leggings with tutus, are something that most of us should think twice about wearing in public the next time we go out!

AssertivePeace said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 8:17 pm:
I kind of prefer the 70's, but this is better than any stuff we have today by far!!

LadyRose said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 6:34 pm:
I love the '80's as well, so it's kinda cool to see some the clothes my mom gave me come back in style again.

Fate98 said...
Mar. 18, 2011 at 1:56 pm:

soz that should have been *where they came from

oops

Fate98 said...
Mar. 18, 2011 at 1:54 pm:
I LOVE THE 80s! Kids who keep up with these trends should remember where if cam from and the fact our parents came frome the generation that invented it.

kitkatkatherine923 said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 4:59 pm:
I keep noticing this but no one ever thinks about it at my school. My mom's always saying things like, "i should have kept my clothes from high school." this was of course, when i was buying leggings and a plaid peacoat.

SunShineSparkle said...

aww why did it have to be the 80's it would be awsome to go back to the days of the flower children, i was so born in the wrong era....

woah!!! the psycadelic 60's baby!!!

but oh well the 80's is all right, its all about the metal right?

songofheaven replied...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 12:17 am :
psychedelia is neat. i'd take flairs and bell-bottoms over skinny jeans any day. have you ever heard of the band Spirit? they are just great. 80s fashions are fun to try on for a day, but I like the late 60's, early 70's myself.

xxhope4xx replied...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 10:55 am :
honestly i just like to try new things any fashion of each century would have been fine with me