The Wonderful World of Wizards

A new development in the wizard nation has Harry Potter fans in an uproar: the wizards are coming to the U.S! Not literally, of course, but in a material way that will create an aura of magic and splendor in the minds and hearts of muggles. To the glee of all, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park is scheduled to open this spring in Orlando, Florida.

The Harry Potter theme park is a spell-binding place for witches and wizards alike. It includes many favorite landmarks from the films such as the Three Broomsticks, Ollivanders, and Honeydukes. At the Three Broomsticks, the magical mind can implore the delight of Butterbeer, an exclusive (non-alcoholic) wizarding drink that tickles the senses, or pumpkin juice. There is nothing better than a glass of pumpkin juice. All of this can be done while heartily conversing over proper wand etiquette and the correct way to conjure a patronus with a fellow wizard. Ollivanders allows the young witch or wizard to purchase a wand. But always remember, the wand chooses the wizard. Honeydukes is a sweet shop with tasty treats including the much beloved Bertie Bott’s Every Flavored Beans, Pumpkin Pasties, Cauldron Cakes, and Drooble’s best blowing gum.
Even more exciting is the array of thrill rides the park provides for the adventurous spirit. The Flight of the Hippogriff is a roller coaster that gives its riders the comparable ecstasy of riding the hippogriff notoriously known as Buckbeak. Another exhilarating coaster, called the Dragon Challenge, is the only inverted roller coaster in the world and is quite the escapade for mere muggles. On the coaster, there are two adjoining trains shaped like dragons that journey on different courses. The ride also features three near collisions between the two trains, bringing riders' feet within several inches of riders on the other train. Last, but certainly not least, is the parks premiere excursion: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Although park creators insist upon keeping the details a secret, they promise it will be captivating and ensnare the senses of all muggles.
All of this and more is available to witches, wizards and muggles alike in Orlando, Florida. Make sure to embark on this miraculous journey that has turned the dreams of all muggles into reality. Until then, AVADA KEDAVRA! (You’re dead).

EleanorRigbysGospelofPeace This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I sincerely wish I was a wizard, too! This spring break I am going to Orlando to Disneyworld for a band trip, but the real killer is that I will not be able to view Harry Potter Wizarding World! It is not on our trip itinerary and I am thoroughly crushed.
However, congratulations on a good article describing the new park!