I'm Proud to Be a Virgin | Teen Ink

I'm Proud to Be a Virgin

By jamaicanprincess BRONZE, New Castle, Delaware
jamaicanprincess BRONZE, New Castle, Delaware

control your life and do what you wanna do

I am a 16 year-old junior in high school. I have tons of friends and I may sound cocky but I am gorgeous. So why is it surprising that I am a virgin. Many people say "you need to get laid" or you don't know what you’re missing" when the truth is I do know what I am missing and I don't want to do it. Not only because I am a born again do Christian, but also I want to be just another girl. I am not a one night stand and I am proud to be a virgin.
I personally think that people have sex at too young an age anyway. STD and teen pregnancy is too high. Also it is becoming an obsession, as if I am not cool or super special because I am a virgin. Almost every day all I hear at school is teens talking about who got it or how they want it and it's sad to hear that that's all our generation really cares about.
Nevertheless, I will keep my commitment to myself to remain a virgin until marriage, and I would encourage everyone to do so also because it's worth the wait. I am a 16 year-old junior in high school. I have tons of friends and I may sound cocky but I am gorgeous. So why is it surprising that I am a virgin? Many people say "you need to get laid" or you don't know what your missing" when the truth is I do know what I am missing and I don't want to do it. Not only because I am a born again do Christian, but I want to be just another girl a guy does. I don’t want to be a another girl he uses for pleasure and forget all about me. I am not a one night stand and I am proud to be a virgin.
Nevertheless, I will keep my commitment to myself to remain a virgin until marriage, and I would encourage everyone to do so also because it's worth the wait.

my opinion on teen sex

ColdplayForever BRONZE, San Jose, California

"Coldplay fans are the best in the world. If you like Coldplay, then you're obviously very intelligent, good-looking, and all-around brilliant."
~Chris Martin

I completely agree with this, though I am an atheist. I don't care is others want to lose their virginity at 16, it's me who never wants to. Yes, thats right. Never. People judge me for this, but I don't care, because everyone makes their own choices. This was very well written, though you might want to edit a bit. Good job : )

ShirleyElizabeth97 BRONZE, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin

Don't tell God how big your storms are. Tell your storms how big your God is. <3

Thank you!!! I feel exactly the same way; I am also a virgin Christian and people don't get why I don't do stuff, especially when I could be. It's good to hear someone who feels the same way(:

on Jul. 21 2011 at 6:01 am
DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

I was talking about FroBro's comment? Although, I wasn't implying he was 'hating' on her. I meant on my comment, as in don't take any offense, this is just my unwanted opinion, kind of thing.

Fluffy2772 said...
Fluffy2772, McDonough, Georgia
I wasn't hating? Just pointing something out, I didn't say anything about how she was wrong for wanting to be a virgin.

same goes to you, if shes living by different standards than you, don't hate, appreciate. (:

Fluffy2772 said...
Fluffy2772, McDonough, Georgia
Whats that? People are living their lives by different standards than you do? Lets criticize them, even the bible tells us not to judge.

on Feb. 1 2011 at 7:25 am
AmandaPanda123 SILVER, Brookville, Pennsylvania

Memories are forever.

I agree with BlackHoleHighAlum....I too have chosen to remain pure until marriage. And it's great to see other people saying the same :)

Claire said...
Yeah... but the main problem is most teens do it for the wrong reasons.. Like just to be able to said they did. Or to seem more cool. or gain popularity. That's the ridiculous part.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Great article! I completely agree and also have made the choice to remain pure till marriage. It's both a Christianity and a morality issue with me.

Tip: maybe you could try editing a little. Maybe have someone else read it before you submit, that always helps me find my errors.

Great Article!! :D

beautifuldisaster18, Arlington, Texas

Keep your feet on the ground, When your head's in the clouds.

Same here!

And you know, to me, it's not really a religious thing. It's morals. It's respect. Don't get my wrong, I am a Christian. But I also have self-respect and I have respect for otheres. So I refuse to do that with my body. To me, it's just disrespectful to you, to the person you're with, and to the person you will one day marry.

Candyhoneyangel GOLD, Pequannock, New Jersey
Oh yeah, I forgot to write in my last comment, but I wanted to say I'm a Catholic Christian. Nice to hear that at least some people still have the common sense not to lose virginity before marriage!

I totally agree. I'm not to the point where people tell me I should do it, but that may be the case in the futue. Many girls in my school wear these short shorts and see through stuff which is against the school dress code, sooo O.o But still I'm not losing my virginity until I'm married.

cody980 said...
I so agree with you!

PayPay said...
PayPay, Kilgore, Texas

$$$ Pretty Gurl Swagger$$$

I know how you feel!! My friends say if i did it i wouldnt be mean and acting all up tight!! But i say its cause yall always get on my bad side so yeah!! So i think its cool that you are!! More to yahh!!!!

magic-esi PLATINUM, Hyde Park, New York

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

Sixteen years old is a ridiculous age to lose your virginity! What are people thinking these days? This is completely true and although there are a few teen pregnancies in my town's high school, I hope by the time I get to senior year there will be none. Great article- only one thing, you seem to have written it twice there. Probably a technical issue.

on Mar. 8 2010 at 10:21 am
ThatGirl.. GOLD, New Delhi, Other

Those people who say they know everything.annoy those of us who do..!

reelie likd your article...im just hapy ppl still thnk lyk me...a gr8 booster...ppl shud not get under peer pressure....keep writin abt what you beleive in...!!

krhinesly BRONZE, Southaven, Mississippi

I'm pretty but I'm not beautiful. I'm good but I'm not angel. I sin but I'm not the devil. -Marilyn Monroe

not that i don't agree with you, but everyone has their own beliefs and what not. but i personally don't think anything super bad could happen with having sex before you're married. i mean, STD 's and aids and babies are all very preventable IF you're smart about it. now no one go off on me because you think i'm wrong or i've had sex , because i'm NOT wrong and i HAVEN'T had sex . but that's just what i think.

Jezabel PLATINUM, Ricmond, Virginia

In the end we will not the remeber the words of your enemys, but the silence of are friends.
~ Martin Luther King Jr.

im athesist, but like u am a proud virgin. who doesnt want a baby. i made a promice not to have sex untill i graduate. u should be proud

on Dec. 7 2009 at 9:46 am
emjay1216 SILVER, Eugene, Oregon

Often times, the test of courage is not to die, but to live.
~ Vittorio Alfieri

im so glad ur making this choice. i dont believe in premaritial sex either.

don't be afraid to tell me what you think