I'm Proud to Be a Virgin

I am a 16 year-old junior in high school. I have tons of friends and I may sound cocky but I am gorgeous. So why is it surprising that I am a virgin. Many people say "you need to get laid" or you don't know what you’re missing" when the truth is I do know what I am missing and I don't want to do it. Not only because I am a born again do Christian, but also I want to be just another girl. I am not a one night stand and I am proud to be a virgin.
I personally think that people have sex at too young an age anyway. STD and teen pregnancy is too high. Also it is becoming an obsession, as if I am not cool or super special because I am a virgin. Almost every day all I hear at school is teens talking about who got it or how they want it and it's sad to hear that that's all our generation really cares about.
Nevertheless, I will keep my commitment to myself to remain a virgin until marriage, and I would encourage everyone to do so also because it's worth the wait. I am a 16 year-old junior in high school. I have tons of friends and I may sound cocky but I am gorgeous. So why is it surprising that I am a virgin? Many people say "you need to get laid" or you don't know what your missing" when the truth is I do know what I am missing and I don't want to do it. Not only because I am a born again do Christian, but I want to be just another girl a guy does. I don’t want to be a another girl he uses for pleasure and forget all about me. I am not a one night stand and I am proud to be a virgin.
Nevertheless, I will keep my commitment to myself to remain a virgin until marriage, and I would encourage everyone to do so also because it's worth the wait.

KaylaSammiRose said...
Thank you!!! I feel exactly the same way; I am also a virgin Christian and people don't get why I don't do stuff, especially when I could be. It's good to hear someone who feels the same way(:

FroBro said...
Jun. 13, 2011 at 7:42 pm:
Whats that? People are living their lives by different standards than you do? Lets criticize them, even the bible tells us not to judge.

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:36 pm :
same goes to you, if shes living by different standards than you, don't hate, appreciate. (:

Fluffy2772 replied...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 1:26 pm :
I wasn't hating? Just pointing something out, I didn't say anything about how she was wrong for wanting to be a virgin.

Jul. 21, 2011 at 6:01 am :
I was talking about FroBro's comment? Although, I wasn't implying he was 'hating' on her. I meant on my comment, as in don't take any offense, this is just my unwanted opinion, kind of thing.

BlackHoleHighAlumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Great article! I completely agree and also have made the choice to remain pure till marriage. It's both a Christianity and a morality issue with me.

Tip: maybe you could try editing a little. Maybe have someone else read it before you submit, that always helps me find my errors.

Great Article!! :D

AmandaPanda123 replied...
Feb. 1, 2011 at 7:25 am :
I agree with BlackHoleHighAlum....I too have chosen to remain pure until marriage. And it's great to see other people saying the same :)

beautifuldisaster18 said...

Same here!

And you know, to me, it's not really a religious thing. It's morals. It's respect. Don't get my wrong, I am a Christian. But I also have self-respect and I have respect for otheres. So I refuse to do that with my body. To me, it's just disrespectful to you, to the person you're with, and to the person you will one day marry.

Candyhoneyangel said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:28 pm:
Oh yeah, I forgot to write in my last comment, but I wanted to say I'm a Catholic Christian. Nice to hear that at least some people still have the common sense not to lose virginity before marriage!

Candyhoneyangel said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:25 pm:
I totally agree. I'm not to the point where people tell me I should do it, but that may be the case in the futue. Many girls in my school wear these short shorts and see through stuff which is against the school dress code, sooo O.o But still I'm not losing my virginity until I'm married.

PayPay said...
I know how you feel!! My friends say if i did it i wouldnt be mean and acting all up tight!! But i say its cause yall always get on my bad side so yeah!! So i think its cool that you are!! More to yahh!!!!

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 7:07 pm:
Sixteen years old is a ridiculous age to lose your virginity! What are people thinking these days? This is completely true and although there are a few teen pregnancies in my town's high school, I hope by the time I get to senior year there will be none. Great article- only one thing, you seem to have written it twice there. Probably a technical issue.

luvviinnnme... said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 10:21 am:
reelie likd your article...im just hapy ppl still thnk lyk me...a gr8 booster...ppl shud not get under peer pressure....keep writin abt what you beleive in...!!

krhinesly said...
not that i don't agree with you, but everyone has their own beliefs and what not. but i personally don't think anything super bad could happen with having sex before you're married. i mean, STD 's and aids and babies are all very preventable IF you're smart about it. now no one go off on me because you think i'm wrong or i've had sex , because i'm NOT wrong and i HAVEN'T had sex . but that's just what i think.

cody980 replied...
May 13, 2010 at 6:05 pm :
I so agree with you!

Claire replied...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 8:13 pm :
Yeah... but the main problem is most teens do it for the wrong reasons.. Like just to be able to said they did. Or to seem more cool. or gain popularity. That's the ridiculous part.

Jezabel said...
im athesist, but like u am a proud virgin. who doesnt want a baby. i made a promice not to have sex untill i graduate. u should be proud

emjay1216 said...
Dec. 7, 2009 at 9:46 am:
im so glad ur making this choice. i dont believe in premaritial sex either.

jamaicanprincess said...
don't be afraid to tell me what you think

Anders said...
Dec. 4, 2009 at 11:30 am:
That's a very smart choice. I'm Mormon, so I was brought up with pure ethics. I was taught that having sex before marriage can cause extreme emotional damage, and a weaker relationship with your future spouse. Again, very smart choice.