Sexy Halloween Costumes

I want you to be honest; how many of you wore a sexy Halloween costume last month? I'm going to go with about 75% or more.

No, I'm not a prude, and no, I do wear skirts above the knee, but when I see a twelve-year-old (yes, this did happen) wearing a micro-mini and an off the shoulder top with a bra strap showing, enough is enough!

This is written by a fourteen year old who is very opinionated. My parents said they used to make their own costumes and were usually hobos or wore punny costumes. They were clever. This year's Halloween party included a sexy ballerina, a sexy leprochaun, a guy dressed in a just there skirt with pink hair.

Now, not all of us teenagers dress like this, don't get me wrong. In fact, I saw a few costumes that I loved. There was an iTunes gift card, a Greek goddess (Athena, aka me, who managed not to be sexy), and an M&M (not my favorite, but at least not sexy).

So, who gets the award? ITunes Gift Card with her clever costume that was made by her and her funny take on today's way of downloading music!

Please guys, be clever and fun with your costumes. Don't dress sexy to impress someone, because it won't. Been there, done that. So what will I be next year? A couch pota-toe!

jocelynlara1j said...
i have to agree with this article because people keep wearing innapropiate clothes, people dont dress up for fun they just dress up to get 'special' attention

Natalie12 said...
I totally agree with you! Young girls should not be walking around half dressed. Young girls should be covered up and not being so promiscuously dressed. I say it's okay for someone 18 & older to dress up in a sexy costume because they are an adult, but someone younger than that, I think should be a little more conscious of what they wear.

andromeda13 said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:39 am:
first of all, loved your article. second, i see them alot too, it's gross seeing 12 year olds dressed too look so horrible. i like clever fun costumes not ones that are just revealing, and gross. but you can be sexy without being sluty. last year i was a cat. i wore pants and a black dress, yeah i looked sexy, but not in a sluty way

InvisibleNerdGirl said...

Yeah, every year 'round October I get even more weirded out at how they're managing to make skimpy messes of utterly everything!! Last year I saw a skimpy SpongeBob costume. o.O What the heck?!

Conversely, I'm not much for "punny" costumes either. The iTunes card is rather clever, though.

(Last year I was Wednesday Addams. :) At least my dress covered my knees. ;\ )

nillahershey said...
I agree. Young teenage girls these days have no business walking around looking like child prostitutes.

Austin said...
ahahah that itunes card was my friend andie. shes awesome

Breakdancegrl said...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 9:59 pm:

OMG!!! #2!!!

Thanks for the vote guys. I was really excited. I love you!!!

BTW, guess who's singing a song of mine???

Brad PAISLEY

KayVee said...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 6:47 pm:
This is so true! Once I got into high school, you were allowed to actually dress up for Halloween if you wanted, since Halloween fell during the week last year. I was disgusted when I saw all of these girls dressed as ladybugs and bees with shirts and tutus hardly covering their butts. I don't care if you're wearing leggings. Leggings aren't pants, girl. :|

KayVee replied...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 6:48 pm :
skirts* not shirts haha

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 31, 2010 at 9:55 am:
I love this article! I agree that sexy costumes are going a little overboard (and they're usually not even sexy; they're just ugly.) I love creative costumes! I was the Halloween Fairy this past Halloween and my sister was Mother Earth. I liked how you used examples from costumes you personally saw- it gives a creative touch to your article. 5 stars!

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great article! I must say that I support your opinion, but I also think that it is okay for someone to wear a sexy costume for halloween. For a child? No. But if that's what parents are letting their children do, then that's them. No one can control that. It just shows how much civility they have--to let a child dress up like a stripper or something. But anyway, I love the humor your article provides. It makes it so much more interesting to read. Good job.! Oh, by the way, if you hav... (more »)

Breakdancegrl replied...
Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:50 pm :
Thank you so much! I love your poetry. It's very well written. I will check out your poems, for they are extremely beautiful.