Tone Down the Trend

When was the last time you saw a classmate sporting a silk 8 inch shoulder top and low-crotch menswear capris? I don't think I ever have. Even Seventeen magazine tells us these along with see-through lace, four shade eyeshadow, and couduroy are the fall must haves this fall. For me? I've yet to see one girl with ANY of this. I personally think fashion magazines and companies should tone down on the trends, and give us some affordable ways to wear them. Motorcycle jackets in Seventeen range from $48-$102. What teenager can afford that, other than Miley Cyrus? I want to hear about colors we can match together, and how drugstore eyeliner works just as well as the $40 brand name stuff they show us (because it does). I don't know anyone my age who would even want ankle boots with chains hanging down from them. Tell us how Target's new leather jackets look really nice, at only $24, and American Eagle's $9 necklaces are super cute. Not that Marc Jacobs models look fabulous in stomach-revealing buttondown jackets and mini dresses. For a final word, teens are being too influenced by unaffordable clothing. It's irrelavent to all the running around we do and how low key we truly are.

Kiera99 said...
Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:55 pm:
That is so true! I hate it when all the items in those teen magazines are over a hundred dollars. Who can afford that? You should send this piece into Seventeen!

youveleftmespeechless said...
Oh my gosh, I couldn't agree more! I love Seventeen, but some of their styles are the sort of thing you wouldn't see a teenager caught dead wearing. Like, the stilettos? When do I, as a sophomore in high school, have occasion to wear those, other than to a school dance or something? And the prices are ridiculous, I remember in one issue they were advertising a $25 hair tie. Ridiculous! Another thing they don't consider is that some schools have dress codes. I can't wear the cute just-for-... (more »)

SoulxFinder said...
I love this ! I think this is interesting and more teenagers need to read this type of thing.
It's true... how are kids who work at McDonalds going to afford Louis Vuitton and Gucci? Good work !

JeanGrey said...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 3:15 pm:
So true! Love your articles!