Leg Warmers: Cold Cloth Worn Around Ankles

In "high-class fashion magazines", lately I've been seeing broad shoulders, chunky bracelets, menswear trousers, off-the-shoulder sweatshirts, and slashed up everything. I can see how slashes can give shirts and sweaters that rocker-type vibe, but one article of clothing could probably do better without them; legwarmers. Originally in the 70's, brightly colored leg warmers were worn during aerobics and other workouts with tights, partially to capture sweat (like a sweatband) and partially because they looked cool. Now you can see them rhinestoned, glow-in-the-dark, polka dotted, and yes, slashed. Now, when something is slashed, it cannot be worn tight, so no longer are the leg warmers being worn around the legs, but the ankles. Also, they can't be used the way they were originally used, to keep warm. Legwarmers should be solid colored, and in one piece. They don't look trashy and don't look like loose miscellaneous fabric.

32littlelionThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
The authors qoute in this is very true "real life is too laid back to fulfill the glamour of madels around the world.

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Yeah I think the whole millions of colors that usually aren't put together is weird too. Oh and with those models goin' "Look flashy with these Spring Trends" thing is impossible. I don't know why any one would strut into Wal-Mart with a cute little pink sundress with a flashy hat and gloves maybe. If I had  leg warmers though I would wear them on my arms. :) 

sillyaardvarkabc said...
I LOVE legwarmers!!! however, I wear my white, warm, holey ones. :)

Haleyelizabeth replied...
Jan. 19, 2011 at 2:47 pm :

i do too. And mine are white with holes.

but they came they way. i got them at Claires:)