Skinny jeans for not so skinny woman

August 19 2009
Skinny jeans for not so skinny woman

The fashion scene is forever changing and most see something and try to rock it not knowing they've hit rock bottom. The 2009 rocker look is in and breeding. Skinny jeans, converse and t-shirts are seen all over america. Now a word of advice for the plus size and curvy: ITS TIME TO MOVE ON!

Instead of squeezing yourself in size 0 skinnys and petite t-shirts, try some leggings. Bright and sparkly can never go wrong! And maybe a dereon kimono top that clings and sways in the right places. Who knows, maybe the curvless will start eating the beans and not the greens.

Thats just what I think.

morganmarlene said...
today at 1:00 pm:
around 2009, it was a big deal to fit in. Teen magazines, new styles and trends, amd a lot of talk on boys and appearance. Those styles have passed though. Fashion will always change. and not everyone is going to like the same trend. I personally do not see why people care so much what other people are wearing. Fitting in isn't so fun when you can't even be yourself. we all naturally judge in our head, but why does it bother people to the point where they have to act upon it? Let people ... (more »)

izzy_0314 said...
Mar. 28 at 11:14 pm:
Honestly, I believe that this is an offensive article and was poorly-written. That may seem blunt but the truth is that I was kind of angry reading this essay because you just told people to stop wearing something because of their weight. Weight is a very touchy subject for many teens and writing something like this really doesn't help people's insecurities.

monet14 said...
Jan. 25, 2012 at 10:47 am:
well look there are people that are confident about what and how they wear their clothes. let them do what they want. you cant judge anybody until you look at yourself and your flaws. #justsaying

tikapeek97 said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 8:59 am:
I disagree with this article. I think if you like how you dress then it is nobodys business how you dress. I am a little bigger and my fav outfit is skinny jeans and converse.

ZombieDanceWithMe said...
May 8, 2011 at 6:32 pm:
Just so you know, that was very offensive. I am a 16/17 and I love my skinny jeans, and I look good in them. Actually, a lot of bigger girls are very concerned about their weight and appearance and want to buy sizes that fit or are even big. Not every plus size girl tries to fit into a size 2, and really. I know many girls who are skinny and wear the 00 that they aren't and think they look good. It's not just you.

crazychic47 said...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:05 pm:
well i totally disagree because i don't wear super skinny's their loose!! They also look so cute on me with converse and a plaid shirt so yeah!!!

Magsie said...
they make skinny jeans in plus sizes. i'm overweight and wear them, and they look fine. in fact, since i've started wearing them, i've actually gotten compliments on how pretty i am.

IntricateInk said...
May 21, 2010 at 9:44 am:
A scene chic with skinny jeans is hot; thats if you have the body to rock it. There are definitely some larger chics out there who wear skinny jeans and think they're a diamond. Not to be offensive, but they really don't work for them. I'm one to believe every female has some beautiful aspect in appearance but they have to find it and show it off. Find different apparel to suit you.

melodeess said...
Apr. 29, 2010 at 10:33 am:
totally appreciate what you wrote! sometimes, the new "fashion" needs to create a look for some girls who just dont have the model legs. i especially liked how you gave an option, not just said, " dont try to squeeze yourself into skinny jeans." but you gave the reader something different too, great job!

vampzRfriendz said...
is it suppose to be hott to show off those chicken legs? seriously i mean it deff would not be hott for some chick to squeeze into size 15 when they were like 19 or sumthing cause their nasty cellulite would hang out but skinny jeans flatters curvy figures because when it comes time to grow out of the 9 year old,no curves at all, body your gonna want curves. Like how many guys wants a girl with a stick figure,their gonna want a curvy,more woman than child body.

blondiedeam replied...
May 21, 2010 at 2:30 pm :

what guys gonna want to hug a girl without his hands touching one another? or what guys gonna want to see a fat chick naked?

deff not any guy i know.

xxblahhhO.o replied...
Jan. 8, 2011 at 6:58 pm :
That's cruel, blondiedeam. I know guys who would. It's unfair to say that, and completely detrimental to girls who are larger in size. Regardless of size, there's nothing wrong when it comes to love with being a little larger. And if the guy doesn't like a girl for solely those reasons, then he's not worth ANYONE'S time. Just saying.

MarieAntoinette2012 replied...
Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:16 am :
blondiedeam, I have no Idea who you think you are. You have no idea how hurtful that is to people. My mom's 330 pounds, but you know what? She's one of the nicest people ever,  and I'm not saying that cause she gave birth to me. You "guys" that are shallow enough to only care about appearance need to back off!!!!!

brenda15 said...
i totally agree with you!!! nice work!!

saaaavannah replied...
Oct. 23, 2009 at 3:46 pm :
i get what your saying, but skinny jeans come in every size. Some might not wear the right size, but it doesnt mean all curvy girls wear the wrong size. It really depends on the jeans themselves, but I think that as long as the right size is worn, it can look good. FYI. Skinny girls don't always wear the right size themselves. I see plenty smaller girls in way too tight of clothes that do not flatter them at all!