true

When being unique has become not but a trend,

everyone different has become exactly the same.

You go ahead and be original. I'll just be myself.

Artgirl1999 said...
Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:07 am
The author has a point: being unique HAS become a trend. It's kind of weird.

anastasiag This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 2, 2011 at 12:30 am

I think that this author is trying to be original, too. But it's a paradox, because everyone also writes about the difficulty of being original in such an unoriginal, "calling-itself-original" world.

But nothing about this poem (article?) is original. It's your typical "I-am-annoyed" poem - the three lines; the depressing picture of a hand-drawn rose; the certifying dogma of "I'll just be myself."

But isn't all of this just as outdone as "being original"? If no... (more »)

Honora S. said...
Diversity is what makes this world exiting!

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Haha, I like this.  I like the shortness and I don't.  A little longer might have been nice.

Dragonscribe said...

I completely agree! So many people want to be so outrageously different that they end up looking like idiots, and then other people are so completely uniform it scares me. I don't like it when I like the same things other people like and someone says, "Oh, just going with the flow, aren't you?" or when I don't like something most people do and someone tells me, "You're just trying to stand out, aren't you?"

NO! Let me be myself! Is myself is the same as everybody else or completely dif... (more »)

Megan Anne S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beautiful!