School uniforms

By , Warren, MI
Parents always talk about how If schools had uniforms, everything would be so much eisier. You wouldn't get caught up on looks and would learn the skills you need. I disagree with this, I think that school uniforms would put a restriction on our creativity. We dress the way we do for a certain reason.
Clothes give us expression and the ability to use color and patterns. The first impression we get of people is usually clothes, facial expression and language. If we all wear the same thing we don't get to really see what people are like on the inside. Usually girly girls wear pink and frilly things. Skaters wear baggy pants and goth usually wear black. Clothes don't distract us form learning the studies we need to, it simply lets us inspire our imaginations and lights up our worlds.
putting school uniforms into order would probably make us rebell against it and we would only be able to express our creativity in things like art and music. Because of the current economic situation most art and music programs are being cut from schools because there is simply not eneough money to support them.

annilovescheese said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 11:37 pm:
there are lots of good points on this website, but seriously think about it. people say uniforms are bad because they stop people being creative, but heres what i think, uniforms are good because they stop stressful mornings of finding clothes that are suitable and 'cool'. i dont know about you but i have to get up a 6 in the morning and i like to SLEEP!!!! and you can still be creative and wear a uniform, like girls at my school can were there skirt high waisted or out, and were their hair up o... (more »)

OneBlackGirl replied...
Apr. 5, 2011 at 10:59 pm :
I disagree. Maybe because our rules are different. At my school all shirts must be tucked in (which is wuite unflattering on fat people), you can't die your hair certain colors, or wear weave. Your socks have to be solid white. No buttons. Solid black or brown belt. Your clothes still have to be suitable because there are designer uniform clothes and they are the only thing that stands out that's allowed.

Cheerleaderr12 said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 2:33 pm:
I have never personally gone to a school where uniforms were required. I don't think that school uniforms would cause more problems, but instead would resolve them. If everyone is dressed the same the focus from what your wearing is shifted to what you should be paying attention to. Other problems do come up though like name brand and hairstyles as well as make-up. I don't think eliminating one problem is going to solve everything but would certainly make high school a lot less stressful.

idkkk said...
Feb. 22, 2011 at 8:24 pm:
I dont think uniforms are that bad of an idea except for the fact that they hide the time for our personality to shine...plus once your an adult when do people restrict you on what you wear???

Juliannacaffs said...
Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:40 pm:
Honestly, I don't see why people make such a big deal out of uniforms. I go to a private school and therefore, I wear a uniform. I love my uniform, not because it's attractive (because I promise you it's not), but because it makes my life easier. I can sleep later in the morning and not have to worry about picking out clothes for school. As far as self-expression goes, the uniforms are ONLY for school, which is a pretty bad place for "expressing" yourself since you're required to ... (more »)

OneBlackGirl replied...
Apr. 5, 2011 at 11:28 pm :
Well, I think you're talking about a real "uniform" where everyone gets the EXACT same outfit and it's usually at a discount if you REALLY REALLY need one. What I'm (and I suspect others) are talking about is a really, really strict dress code. I think a real uniform is an awesome idea, but a strict dresscode is terrible.

SeerKnowsBest said...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:48 pm:
uniforms don't make things better. mean people are still mean no matter how they are dressed

dairishman said...
Jan. 25, 2011 at 7:52 am:
uniforms can blow me!

creationmaker23This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yes that is true. any one who dares to put out "the clothing does not affect what you bring out" is completely blind. They dont know and we dont know how someone is if we dont see their style/personality.

Thalia_Carson_I replied...
May 6, 2011 at 7:33 pm :
You can try talking to them. Just a theory I have, but then again, I wear a uniform to school.

mariaa said...
I agree, my school have uniforms, I have them, we can only wear maroon and khaki. I hate, alot, but my friend thinks I'm weird cuz I dont like uniforms. She's says ppl can make fun of you more, ppl can see if you have money issues, but I dont see it like that. I see it, as with uniforms, you r the same as the next person, with w/o uniforms, you r all different from eachother.

maddie3712 said...
Dec. 13, 2010 at 11:37 am:
i wouldnt like a uniform because it would keep us from expressing ourself

period 8 said...
People would be depressed if they are not allowed to dress how they wish.

period 8 said...
I feel as though many school related problems would cease to exist and kids would have a better chance for success.

period 7 said...
In the real world, for the most part, people are not required to wear matching uniforms. People prefer to judge others and be judged as to what they wear.

period 7 said...
I think school uniforms are a good idea because you don't get judged by kids and there would be fewer socail related problems at school.

period 6 said...
School unifprms are ugly and everyone wearing the samr thing is boring. Uniforms do not show your true passion for fashion and color.

period 6 said...
I like the idea of uniforms because people do not judge you and money is not an issue.

period 4 said...
Not having school uniforms allows students to express their individuality and allows students to their personality.

period 4 said...
I agree with the idea of school uniforms because they do equal the playing field and are functional and appropriate.