The 'It Girl' Shoe | Teen Ink

The 'It Girl' Shoe

March 18, 2024
By Anonymous

The iconic 3 lines.

A timeless classic street-style shoe. A nice clean stitch between the black and white lines.The new “It girl” shoe. 

The classic street-style shoe had a major hit at the end of 2023 and is still at the beginning of 2024.  Many are calling them the “It girl” sneakers of the year.  Celebrities such as Kendal Jenner, Hailey Beiber, Bella Hadid and so much more are seen rocking these iconic old-school shoes but what are they? 

They are Sambas OG By Adidas. 

The Adidas Sambas are traced back to the 1950s. The Sambas were made as a football shoe, for icy slippery grounds in Germany. The Sambas allowed soccer players to play through the slippery floor. This iconic shoe received its name “Samba '' after the Brazilian dance due to the FIFA World Cup in Brazil. Later on, the Sambas became an indoor soccer shoe in the 1940s. Through the years, Sambas has gone through numerous updates to be perfect.

Besides being the “IT girl” shoe. Are they worth the hype? 

The Adidas Sambas OG is my go-to shoe for any type of day. One reason is that the shoe has a classic style. The core fuzzy black with cloud-symbolic white stripes with the nice touch of a dark brown bottom match any outfit of the day. 

Whether you are dressing casually, going out, or even running a quick errand to the store, the style of the shoe will always match. The shoe provides both minimalist and stylish to your wardrobes. But Adidas provides another classic colorway such as cloud white, with core black stripes. If you’re not feeling a basic classic black and white, Adidas also provides vibrant colorways such as baby pink, night navy blue with crispy creamy strips, and white with 3 solar red stripes, all vibrant colors.To make your outfit pop.  But The black colorway is my go-to. 

While wearing The Sambas Og, with your casual fit these shoes provide comfort embracing your feet with a cloud-like cushioning that makes every step feel like a gentle embrace. My feet do not hurt with these on. The designers of the Sambas Og added a soft ankle and heel padding made with a flexible sole that absorbs every step you take. The sambas also contain cushioning on the upper ankle for support and a secure fit and contain a Foot-hugging silhouette.  

Overall with having an iconic, yet comfortable style the Sambas Og are a pretty reasonably priced sneaker, starting at, $100. Sambas OG contains a solid composed interior and is like a pillow for your feet. The sambas Og, are worth the hype and should be a must in your shoe collection.


The author's comments:

I am a junior and it was hard for me to do this review as I couldn't find a piece wanted to review until I looked at my shoes. The adidas sambas. I chose these because they have been popular and for what I realized. I got them because of their popularity and decided many people want to get them too so I decided to do a review on the most popular shoes in style right now.