Twilight the movie - what could have gone better.

Almost everyone knows about the popular Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer. In 2008, they made a movie. Many teenage girls – and boys, but mostly girls – were anxious for this movie – I myself being one of them – and many were disappointed with how it turned out.
First of all, it was very different from the book. They took out many scenes funny or enjoyed lines. For example, the scene in biology when they did the blood type testing, and Bella got sick. I liked that scene, and a lot of people I know that have read the book like that scene, and didn’t think they should have taken it out of the movie, but they did.
Secondly, the actrice choice for the part of Bella Swan. Kristen Stewart wasn’t the best choice. To tell you the truth, she wasn’t even a good choice, at all. She’s not a very good actor, and her voice wasn’t right. I’ve always pictured Bella’s voice being softer, not so…scratchy. It doesn’t suit the character very well.
Thirdly, there were many little, but visible, mistakes throughout the movie. For example,

You can see the wires at one point.

In the scene outside where Edward explains how Carlisle changed them, the scene goes from them being cloudy, to pouring rain and finally to their being completely dry, as if the rain never happened.

When Bella is telling Charlie that she is going out with Edward and he is at the house to meet him, her ponytail keeps changing position from hanging down her front to behind her shoulder.

When Edward and Bella are at the top of the forest/mountain, lying beside each other, Edward is wearing a shirt without any pockets. Then, as the sun is shining on both of them, he is wearing a shirt with a pocket.

In the green house scene, the two girls’ right in front of Bella have dark hair, and then after she trips it pans out to show a girl wearing a hat and pink shirt.

When Bella and Edward talk in the woods, Bella drops her backpack in front of a tree. In another shot, the backpack has disappeared.

There is a brief scene toward the beginning in which Bella has a flashback of Edward's eyes being black. In this short snippet, you can see the rim of the contacts he's wearing.

I could go on, but I think this is enough small mistakes.
So, as you see, this movie has many reasons why I we don’t like it as much as we thought we would.

Ma'Liyah W. said...
Nov. 1, 2011 at 11:57 am
RIDICOULOUS Take a height and watch another movie if you are going to hate on what and who is the actor at least she makes where are yu reading the book and watching the movie you are not in. Haters are so dead i can see the actors face now saying are you in this movie not at all.  To Bad you are not in it oh wait they really not looking for someone who is a hater and very compulsive like you.

BreeT. replied...
okay, I wrote this years ago, so calm down a bit. Honestly, I love the story, Stephanie Meyer is a great author, but I was just trying to show that the movie didn't do justice to the book AT ALL. The twilight series remains one of my favorites, and I'm sure it always will.

MyNameIsBlue said...
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! it really semms like you have watched this mivie a zillion times just to pick out ludacrios mistakes. i for one like the movie and i have read the books. but i watch twilight first and then read all the books so i was slightly bias and already pictured bella as kristen stewart and wen i finished i felt stewart wasnt the perfect person for thge job ut she did good anywhos seriously all movies have these mistakes everything cant be PERFECT

JessW. replied...
actualy ive seen it once. & if you would have read the book first, you'd have different opinions. but i mean, i wrote this like..2 years ago, so im surprised people even still read it

MayDay said...
I agree with you. I'm pretty sure there's a part in the second movie where you can actually see a camera man. XD

Star717 said...
I'm not a Twilight fan, but I took the time to read your article. I can understand where you are coming from when film makers take scenes from books out of the movies. It can leave many people feeling very disappointed. This happens to me all the time with different film versions of my favorite novels.

kris-t4books said...
I Totally agree with her!!!!!!!!!!!
i also think robert pattinson was like the worst edward EVER!!!

forever_dancer said...
May 4, 2009 at 12:34 am
Hurray!!!! someone sane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JessW. said...
and stupidpeoplelie, I i wasnt trying 2 waste my time, im just very observant.

JessW. said...
heyy every1. i think im gonna re-write this 1 2. i can make a lot better.

stupidpeoplelie said...
why are you waisting your time finding mistakes of it's so stupid????

Theresa S. said...
I think Jasper looked Freaking HOT!!!!!!!! and I think Kristen Stewart was the BEST pick to play Bella. AND EDAWRD IS HOT ALSO......AND I LOVED THE BASEBALL SCENE AND I LOVED THE MUSIC THEY PICKED TO GO WITH IT TOO!!!!!!
So I SOOOOOO DON"T AGREE WITH ANY OF YOU GUY!!!!! (Bellaluna) however did make what she/he said sound alot nicer then the rest of you, you other people sound kinda hateful if I do say so myself........

pictolover said...
I totally don't think Kristen Stewart is the right girl for Bella. I don't think they can make the 4th book realistic.

Katharine J. said...
I happen to agree with you one hundred percent. I was amazed that you found so many mistakes in the movie. I also thought that the scene when they played baseball was awfully cheezy and the music that went along with it was horrible too. I thought that Edward was scary in the movie, not hot at all, just scary. They definitely picked the wrong actor for him him too. Another thing they changed was when she told him she knew he was a vampire. That really happened in the car ride back from the resta... (more »)

Vexa_Rave said...
i kinda liked the movie, but some things i disliked were the make-up (everyone looked so FAKE!!!!) and the way they protrayed Jasper. they made him so freaky-looking, it was to the point where it was comical. they should have made him less creepy. and why did everyone look so fakie? i dunno, stuff like that annoyed me, too....

Tianafayth252 said...
I agree with you in some ways, but then again I dont. The movie was good, but I mean give them a break, it was the first movie-they will have three other ones coming out to work on the mistakes. Personally, if you are going to talk bad about something/someone, you better spell all of your words right. :)

JessW. replied...
im sorry about the spelling mistakes, okay? i think i wrote this first on paper at about 3 am and then I typed it and didnt bother checking the spelling. And i dont think it should matter much. its not like im getting my article published in the new york times or anything.

sanra said...
i agree, they cut out most of the good part in the book from the movie. and, they make them -Bella and Edward- too serious looking.
in the book they didn't actually kiss that first kiss in her bed-room but in the forest, and it wasn't as intense as it seemed in the movie, and Bella should have been wearing a sweat, not a bikini.

BellaLuna said...
I must say, i admire your taste for detail. you read much further into it then i did. i think casting was alright but the scenes totaly were for lack of a better word, freaked up! i for one love when he says you will be the death of me and when he sends her flying on the couch. Hardwicke did an aleight job but it could have been better.