Isn't MTV supposed to be MUSIC?

Ahh, I remember the good old days... about 4 years ago I could wake up, go to our big screen tv, and turn on the tv. Flipping through 100 channels finally setteling on what I loved most; music. I remember all the great stuff they used to play like nickelback,Creed,Coldplay, Greenday, Linkin park, you know, music. Now in those early morning attemps to get out of bed so I dont miss the bus yet again, I want to hear some music to get me up. But heaven forbid they play ANYTHING but Rap and hip-hop on MTV anymore. I think alot of people could agree that that music industry is going down the toilet...FLUSH! It's especially sad that now on the "100 greatest ROCK artists of the 2000's" list half of the artists are rappers or they sing hip-hop. The 5th on the list is KAYNE WEST! Yeah, i dont think "Lock down" counts as rock...FLUSH!

ISACK said...
umm YOMTV Raps! was one of the shows that defined what MTV used to be. It is considered to be one of their greatest shows of all time. I agree that the little music they do play isnt music i listen to either. Yet Kanye in my opinion, is a more talented artist than Creed and Nickelback. The lead singer of Coldplay even said that Kanye is one of his favorite musical talents.

cesar789 said...
Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:07 am:
Not even! Mtv now is all about reality shows like jersey shore and all of that crap

LorenAimsHerArrowsHigh said...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 2:58 pm:
You're words pretty much said what's on my mind everytime I flip to that channel.

Culmerboii said...
Mar. 9, 2011 at 11:16 am:
Music TV   ...... enough said

SilverStar said...
I aggre with you the name is Music TeleVison-MTV not some dumb drama that some people r into

Dylan H. said...
Oct. 6, 2010 at 7:30 am:
Thank You! Man thats all I hear nowadays. Most rap songs are all about gangs and drugs etc., wheres the good ole' three days grace. Haha just an example.

xxapophisxx replied...
Oct. 15, 2011 at 11:28 pm :
 I want to hug you...so true

Bettfreund said...
Sept. 8, 2010 at 9:22 am:
I remember once, a long time ago, i actually saw a Nirvana music video on MTV.... :( Not anymore

MCRlover2011 said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 4:19 pm:
You're totally right, MTV focuses on one stlye of music when there's way more out there, VH1 does it too with thoes coffee shop like bands, and alas my beloved Fuse has gone the way of hip hop and rap and it's like where's the passion? Where's the song that drip emoton whre's the rock? So to all Music networks expand your deffintion of music and entertain us all.

NJGurl123 said...
May 23, 2010 at 8:36 pm:
First of all rap/hip hop is good music...sometimes. Second of all I think this article is too short. But you are right with some things. MTV is dead and there aren't music videos on anymore and the reality shows suck.

B.A.M.F. said...
May 5, 2010 at 1:22 pm:
you gotta great point here.. although i disagree on some aspects, we've all noticed the merge of hiphop/rap with rock. whether thats good or bad depends on the person.. but i ABSOLOUTLY agree kanye West sure as hell shoudnt be on that list

Star717 said...
This article needs some work but I like your point. MTV is basically dead, they never play music videos anymore. I like watching Fuse because most of their programming revolves around music videos and artists.

tatsu said...
I wish also that MTV would go back to music videos. I loved watching how extrordinary some music videos were.

breezer11 said...
Jun. 6, 2009 at 12:05 am:
OMG, I totally agree. It's either stupid, pointless reality shows, or another one hit wonder's, cookie cutter pop or rap music video that will be considered old in less than a week. I agree with all you guys, MTV is dead.

musicgirl757This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Haha, they should call MTV RTV (reality tv) cuz thats all it shows. and they are getting desperate, i mean paris hiltons my new bff? Come on now, try watching VH1, i was complaining about MTV to my uncle who's into the same music as me, and i told me that VH1 is basicly MTV before it added all the reality shows. btw, very well written. very persuasive if you ask me. i like the hint of sarcasim, i like using sarcasim when persuading people. sometimes it does work! great job

Sunshineyday said...
Whatver. Bottom Line, I agree MTV died.

Pam_2013 said...
Dude.
Its my opinion.
And it pretty much is.

Sunshineyday said...
MTV is not "all rap" now.
MTV is all dumb "reality" shows
They were revolutionaries in the 80's and 90's, they premiered videos from as high caliber artists as Michael Jackson, and had ALL the superstars DAY and NIGHT. They corresponded wih the pop music charts. I don't know what happend. Just get a radio dude. MTV is never coming back.