Riverdale | Teen Ink

Riverdale

November 25, 2017
By Marl3n3 BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
Marl3n3 BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Riverdale  is  an  American  TV  series  that  follows  Archie's  life  in  Riverdale  and  explores  the  darkness  behind  the   perfect  town.

 

Riverdale  is  a  small  town  out  in  the  open.  It  is  best  fit   for  the  theme  of  the  show  since  its  like  a  forest.  Riverdale   is   split  into  two  sides  the  Northside  and  the  Southside.  The  Northside  is  were  all  the  "civilized"  people  are  found,  the  classier  ones.  The  Southside  has  "gangs"  such  has  the  Southside  Serpents  they're  not  really  a  gang  its  just  a  group  of  men,  woman,  and  teenagers  that   hangout   at  a  certain place.  In  Riverdale  people  consume  drugs  on  both  sides.  The  drugs  lead  to  Jason's  death  and that's  when  all  of  the  unfortunate  events  start  to  happen. Riverdale  is  a  town  of  dangers. 

 

The  main  characters;  Archie,  Betty,  Jughead,  Veronica,  and  Kevin,  they  are  their  own  little  group,  they  all  understand each other  and  are  pretty  close.  The  group  of  main  characters  aren't just  "friends";  Betty  and  Jughead  are  in  a  relationship,  Veronica and  Archie  are  in  a  relationship  and  Kevin  is  classified  has "The   Gay  Best Friend".  They  were  the  ones  that  found  out  who  killed Jason.  The  way  that  the  secondary  characters  are  involved in the crime  makes  it  seem  as  if  they  were  as  important  making it  stand  out.  The  secondary  characters  also  seem  to  make  the show mischievous.  The  parents  of  the  main  characters  are  also  as important  because  they're  on  of  the  reasons  why  the  main   characters  act  like  they  act.  The  dialogue  between  characters feels  intense,  for  example  when  Betty's  mom  blames Jugheads   dad,  a  Southside  Serpent  whom  she  hates  (The  Southside  Serpents)  even  when  she  was  one  herself,  for  Jason's  death before  they  knew  whom  it  really  was.  The  character  are  all  guilty for  the  thins  that  have  happened.  The  characters  are  weird but they  are  understandable.

 

The  Blossoms  are  a  very  wealthy family. Even  if  they  are  a  wealthy  family  they  are  actually full of   hate.  In  the  Blossom  family,  they  kill  among  themselves.  The father  was  the  one  who  actually  killed  Jason  and  all because he didn't  want  to  take  care  of  the  company  because  it  dealt with   drugs.  After  that  the  mother,  Penelope,  heard  that  the  father  was the  one  who  killed  Jason  she  killed  herself  and  made  it seem like he  had  committed  suicide.  Later  then  Cheryl,  Jason's twin, burned the  house  while  her  mother  and  her  were  in  it.  The  Blossoms  are  the  main  starters  of  the  problems  in  Riverdale. 

 

Honestly  overall Riverdale  is  great  TV  series  that  keeps  people  entertained.  A lot of us  would  like  to  have  the  second  season  out  already. It is a five   out  of  five  star  show  in  my  opinion.