Learning an Instrument Benefits Everybody | Teen Ink

Learning an Instrument Benefits Everybody

Music is loved and played by people all over the world. Do you know anyone that plays an instrument? Are they happy? People that play an instrument have a more cheerful and positive attitude, because music helps some people express their feelings and makes them feel better about themselves by letting out those feelings, kind of like Taylor Swift when she makes a song. There are music schools and classes all over the United States but music classes have their pros and cons. Most music classes and schools are for kids from elementary school to college. That might be a pro for a high school student but not for an adult that has never learned to play an instrument but wants to. They have some classes for adults but they’re very rare.
My friend said that the whole expressing feelings thing is not true in his state because, sometimes when he plays his instrument he plays to show it off or for competition. They said he just wants to win, but that’s when he feels good about himself when he plays. He tries very hard, and practices a lot when there’s a song he like to play. He wants to achieve greatness, but that’s what I’m talking about. What I’m trying to say is that he is still having a great time with his instrument, winning competitions together as a team and practicing till greatness, makes him happy, and feel good about himself.

“Science has shown that when children learn to play music, their brain begins to hear and process sounds that they couldn’t otherwise hear.” According to Melissa Locker. I’m still known as a kid to adults, and I play an instrument. When I first started playing the saxophone, I would get frustrated because I couldn’t play like the others that had played for about five years. I love when I play my first note in every song, even if it’s a beginner song like “Hot Cross Buns,” it’s the most satisfying thing in the world (to me).

Some parents might take it too far with the music lessons. Some kids just want to play music for fun, not just to worry about having a music class at four in the morning. Parents should take it easy with their kid’s one in a while and let them have a good time with their instrument.

If you play an instrument as a kid and keep working at it, it is proven that as you age and you still play an instrument your mind will stay as sharp as ever. I see why that’s true because when you play you either memorize notes, or fingerings or positions of the instrument. You have to memorize everything about your instrument, like how to even blow into it or how to hit a drum or any other percussion instrument.
People that already know how to play, should teach other people that don’t know how. To help their stress and anything like, the want of always wanting to play but not knowing how to. But if you do have the opportunity then you should pick up that instrument and play.