Music: The Key To Life

'Up in the streets, they call it murder'. What may seem like a terrible song is sung by many across the globe and is what brings many people joy. Songs like these are what clean up the streets, keep kids in school, and stop crime. Being one of the most influential aspects of life today, music affects society both positively and negatively.

Music genres, especially Hip-Hop, R&B, and Rock, all have many positive effects on society. The question many artists ask is, 'What can I do to make the customer happy?' The answer is drugs, sex, and crime. This is the recipe that makes up the music business today; from the artist themselves, to the teenage store clerk selling the album. Many times when an artist uses words meant to demean women, the world smiles. It seems as though many countries, as well as America, love calling women 'video girls', prostitutes, and many other adult-rated terms. Not only does music affect your perception of good music, but music can affect your attitude also. Some coined phrases have become a part of everyday life. If someone who is disliked is in the way of someone else, that someone else may say, 'Move, trick, get out the way', which brings laughter to many others.

Not only does music affect society positively, but also negatively. Many songs speak of smiling, being happy, abstinence, and non-violence; however, people don't want to hear it. It's ironic how people say they hate being depressed, but when they are, they listen to depressing music which makes them more depressed. Although it may sound idiotic, people love it and it's become a way of life. Although society says we should be happy, it's the violence, sex, drugs, and crimes that please us. Also, this can make you turn out too smart. When people hear a song of which they don't understand, they may look it up and learn something unimportant. For example, when people heard the song, 'My Life', by The Game, they may have searched Kurt Cobain. It turned out to be something very depressing that could have been avoided had they not been exposed to it. Lastly, music can affect you by physical actions. Numerous times songs say stay in school, vote, or stop violence, which is not good. If we don't have crime, what will the police do? This would negatively change the way the world turns.

Music has a great influence on the world and the way life works, and its can make you great, or tear you down. Eventually music will change, and the perception of good music will also change, but no matter what, the music's recipe will still remain the same

shaybug2299 said...
Jan. 7 at 3:17 pm
i really like this website bc it has helped me with all my essays

AngelicRocker This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Music Defineteley Equals Life... Honestly, Music Saved My Life...

Muzic4MeAlways This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yup there will always Be msuic out there it will never die no matter what it is...I really like listening to msuic if i could keep headphones in my ears forever i would, look at my name :)

Muzic4MeAlways This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
i mean music :)

songofheaven said...
Yes. I agree with this whole article. Music is the Key to Life, in however you interpret it. The Song Remains the Same, whether you like Classic Rock, R&B, Rap, Pop, Oldies, Country, Folk, Blues, Jazz...music is something that no one can take away. And that's what I love about it.