Bring Glenn Back | Teen Ink

Bring Glenn Back

December 10, 2015
By Cpilc BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia
Cpilc BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Walking Dead is, without a doubt, one of the most popular television shows that is still on. It is known for it’s killer action and story. A group of people who live in a zombie apocalypse try to survive no matter what. They’re on their sixth season right now, and everything's going okay except for the fact that one of their main characters may or may not be dead.


Glenn Rhee is the sidekick of the main character Rick. He helped him get out of the  tank in the first episode and been doing good for the whole rest of the time on the show, However, he might be dead. In season 6 episode 3, Glenn, and his no-good friend Nick, are running away from a giant hoard of zombies. Nick claims to know they way out of the city, but isn't so sure. He leads Glenn down an ally that is blocked off by a fence with zombies at the other side. The hoard blocks there only way out leaving them helpless. They try to kill a couple but soon realize that there are too many. Glenn climbs on top of the dumpster as Nick follows. A close up of Nick follows as Glenn screams directions at him.  He disobeys and pulls out his gun. He proceeds to shoot himself in the head while landing on Glenn. You see Glenn on the ground as intestines are slowly pulled out. This is where there is questioning.


You see Glenn’s face, yet intestines are being pulled out of what would be his shoulder. Those could very possibly be Nick’s guts and Glenn is under him. People say that he could have gotten away. There are a lot of zombies in his way but, he has made it through worse. More controversy occurs after the show on The Walking Dead’s talk show, The Talking Dead. An interview happens with a producer of the show saying that Steven Yeun is not done acting for them. Now he could possibly just be in a flashback, or be a zombie but hopefully, he is alive. A couple episodes have passed with no sign of Glenn being alive or dead so, it is up to the creators to determine the fate of Glenn.
Glenn’s main attribute is that he can survive. Throughout the six seasons he is in, he has gotten into really deathly situations but found a way to cheat death. The fact that the way he “died” is not a way he would go out. I could believe it if he went out in a bang, like Merle but getting killed by an idiot, not what I expected.


Lots of people like Glenn. He is a nice character. Ratings could go down without Glenn. Glenn is a key part of this T.V. series. If Glenn dies, we riot. Life has been rough so far for Glenn’s wife Maggie. Maggie has watched her mother, brother, sister and father die in the apocalypse. Killing Glenn would just be cruel to her. They have done some pretty crazy comebacks on The Walking Dead. I was certain that Merle was dead when they chained him on the roof with a pack of zombies going towards him. I was wrong when they had him in Woodberry working for The Governor. Unless they already have an episode that they have filmed where they confirm that Glenn is dead, they could bring him back in season 7.   


We all love Glenn, right? He hasn’t done anything bad to the good people in the show. The producers should throw the audience a bone and bring Glen back. People don’t think the show is as good without Glen. Now some can say that Glenn isn’t a good character and that he can die. Those people have formed an opinion against Glenn although there is evidence that he has helped the group such as when he helped the main character get out of the tank. If Glenn wasn’t there for Rick, the show wouldn’t be running now.  Also, Glenn is a big character lel because he represents the audience. Most people on the show have a special ability. Abraham is strong and Daryl is a good shot with a crossbow. Glenn doesn’t have a special ability except that he has made it this far. If he dies then it would be saying that only people with a special ability can survive and, most people watching are not special like that.


The Walking Dead has done mean things to their viewers. They have brutally killed beloved characters. They make us wait for the next episode through the whole week. I have stood by these harsh things and have accepted them. That is how the producers make it, so be it. Killing Glenn like that is just morally wrong. He is such a key character in the show. They can't kill him. They need to bring back Glenn Rhee.