One Little iPod

It is the only one who understands me. I am the only one who understands it. One little iPod with a small black case and a bare forehead like mine. Just one out of millions in the whole world. One iPod to take me away to the fascinating world of all my thoughts. From deep inside me I can hear them, but sometimes my head refuses to believe.

Its secrets are a mystery. It sends thought-provoking and wondrous messages through all of its songs. They get inside your head and wrap themselves around your brain, making it impossible to get them out of your head. This is how it stays alive and well.

If one forgot why it was there, it would lay abandoned on a desk or dresser, hundreds of speckles of dust collecting on the screen. The songs play over and over in my dreams as I sleep. They show me their wonderful harmonies, the epic chorus and the meaning behind the song.

When I come home from a long day of school and work, too tired to carry on, it is then that I grab at that little black iPod. When there is nothing left to listen to in this place. One who teaches, and does not forget to teach. One whose only reason is to play and play.

PenOnParchment said...
Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:05 am
Awesome writing! It's really relatable!

music.life.love said...
I really like this, music is all I think about