5 Albums That You Probably Miss Listening To | Teen Ink

5 Albums That You Probably Miss Listening To

By Satwinder Sahota BRONZE, Mississauga, Other
Satwinder Sahota BRONZE, Mississauga, Other

If you were born in the mid 90s to the late 90s, get ready to be reminded of your favorite era. These are the albums we listened to back in the early 2000s to the mid 2000s. They were with us through thick and thin and now have seemed to disappear. Now thanks to the new poppy sound of Justin Bieber or One Direction, these albums just aren’t in trend anymore. Let’s take a walk down memory lane in the land of music.  It’s time to look at the 5 albums that you probably miss listening too. For this list, we will only be looking at alternative rock music.

1 .My World (2003), Avril Lavigne 
This was the album that started Avril Lavigne’s career. With radio hits like “Sk8ter Boy” and “Complicated”, Lavigne was well off starting a great journey in music. She is a born Canadian who makes every Canadian proud with her music. Giving us a nice rock sound with relatable lyrics, this album is something we could never forget. Even today she sticks to the same sound and blows us away with every guitar rift.

2. Funeral (2004), Arcade Fire
This is an album that you can’t deny you didn’t know. In this album, Arcade Fire gave us inspirational songs like “Wake Up” and “Crown of Love”. This album was the band’s successful debut album. This album is loved by every person who breaths rock n roll. They kept it dark and classy with their lyrics. By the end of listening to this album, you were up and excited for the next one.

3. Still Not Getting Any (2004), Simple Plan
For many Canadians in this era, Simple Plan was probably your first rock band you listened too. This is the album that made you fall in love with rock and music. You can still hear songs like “Untitled” or “Welcome to My Life” playing on the radio or at your local supermarket. This is the classic Canadian band and everyone knows them and loves them. This album was heard every day on the radio. We and you love this album.

4. Old World Underground, Where Are You Now? (2003), Metric
Every kid with a love of soft rock music loved this album. The voice of Emily Haines was like a knife going down your back but without cutting you. The element to her voice was so creepy that you loved it. That element was heard all throughout this album. With ballad songs like “Hustle Rose” or upbeat rock songs like “Dead Disco”, she brought everything to the table, creating a new sound for rock. Every track on this album was like listening to the story of your life. This was an album that was relatable and loved by every person who was a fan of the slow rock sound.

5. Riot (2007), Paramore
You can’t deny that when I listed this song, it brought back memories. Lead singer Hayley Williams, brought alternative rock music to another level.  She brought to her music a very pop sound to it, making the songs catchy and remembered. This album was very relatable with songs like “Crushcrushcrush”. Every young rock fan loved this album. They were keeping it upbeat and fun throughout all the tracks.

Those were the 5 albums that you probably missing listening too. So go back to your iTunes and listen to these forgotten albums in your list because these albums deserve it.

This writing was inspired by my writers craft class. This is one of the articles I wrote and I hope to share with others :) This is known as a list article, please read and I think all teens can relete with it :)