The Joy of Music: Christmas Music Livens the Season | Teen Ink

The Joy of Music: Christmas Music Livens the Season

January 20, 2014
By indy18 PLATINUM, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
indy18 PLATINUM, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
22 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Tis the season to be jolly! The end of Thanksgiving has marked the start of Christmas music being played across the nation. People are now listening to Christmas music on the radio, in stores, and in their homes. But, how is Christmas music resonating with students?

Senior Jess said, “I can’t stand Christmas music. It’s so annoying! It’s always on the radio and is played everywhere I go. It somehow manages to get stuck in my head, and all I want is for it to stop.”

Senior Rebecca said, “I hate Christmas music. It’s annoying and over played.”

Christmas music is played around the clock on stations such as Live365 and B101.

Rebecca said, “I use to listen to music when I was a kid, but now it’s just really old. I think the more years you listen to the same few Christmas songs, the more annoyed you get. That’s how it is for me at least.”

But listening to Christmas music can have an impact on holiday spirit.

Jess said, “Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas I just don’t like holiday music.”

Rebecca said, “I guess it is okay to listen to Christmas music when you are doing Christmas things. The only time I listen to that kind of music is when I am making holiday cookies with the family or decorating the house for the holidays, like putting the tree up.”

Not all agree with Rebecca and Jess’ opinion on Christmas music. iTunes top selling albums are the following: PTXmas by Pentatonix, Wrapped in Red by Kelly Clarkson, and Christmas by Michael Bublé.

As Buddy the Elf said, “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”