The Big Snow Show 8 Coming Soon | Teen Ink

The Big Snow Show 8 Coming Soon

By 6gintert SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin
6gintert SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin

The Big Snow Show is a yearly concert offered by the radio station F.M. 102.1 and held at the Eagles Ballroom, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Tickets cost $62 for one night and $90 for both days. They can be purchased on the Raves website. The doors open at 6pm and the acts begin 7pm. This year’s show is divided into two days: December 12th and December 13th. The main bands are featured are as follows: Alt-J, Grouplove, Bastille, Arctic Monkeys, and Phoenix which Foals, and NONONO opening.

Alt-J is an English indie rock quartet assembled in 2007, which was formed by Gwil Sainsbury (guitar/bass), Joe Newman (guitar/vocals), Gus Unger-Hamilton (keyboards) and Thom Green (drums). The lone album they released in May 2012, An Awesome Wave, has won awards for its popularity and increased their fandom by releasing hits like: “Tessellate,” “Breezeblocks,” “Matilda,” and “Something Good,”
Anne, a junior in high school, says, “I’m most excited to see Alt-J. I’ve liked them for a long time. Last year was when I really got into them. If they are not my number one favorite band, then they are definitely number two.”

Grouplove was a US-based band formed in 2009 with these popular hits: “Tongue Tied,” “Itchin’ On a Photograph,” “Colours,” “Ways To Go,” and “Shark Attack.” They have released two albums and their most recent one came out this year.

Cj, a junior in high school, says, “I’m most excited to see Alt-J and Grouplove live for the first time!”

Bastille is an alternative pop band from England that was formed in 2010 and have released four albums since then. Bastille began as a solo project by singer-songwriter Dan Smith, who later decided to form a band.

Arctic Monkeys, formed in 2002, are an English indie rock band. Five albums have been released since then, with their most popular song being “Fluorescent Adolescent?”

Phoenix is an alternative rock band from Versailles, France. Their first album was made in 2000, it was called Untitled. Since then they have released four more: Alphabetical, It’s Never Been Like That, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, and Bankrupt!.

Anne says, “I am most excited to experience meeting a couple of the opening acts I will be able to watch. It’s a really cool experience seeing the people who have just performed right in front of you and seeing that they’re just as human as the rest of us.”