Blogging For Teens | Teen Ink

Blogging For Teens

January 16, 2014
By ChilledFire GOLD, Coimbatore, Other
ChilledFire GOLD, Coimbatore, Other
11 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Friendship and happiness are inter-related: There can't be one without the other.


What is blogging?
It is a platform wherein one can express his/ her opinions about life and can find people with similar interests.
Today's 21'st century Gen Z has the tools, the opportunity and the interest to take up blogging as a hobby.
For the teens of today, blogging can be a cool and innovative way to let off steam and to , at the same time, show off in front of their classmates with a web-thing to call their own.
Blogging is just like creating a website, but with safer controls and more customization. There are so many free platforms like Wordpress, Blogger, Tumblr...you name it, they have it!
Now, is it correct in saying that we teens have the right to form our own blogs? I would like to present an equal number of pros and cons regarding this subject.
Pros:
One, blogging acts as a hobby and as a forum to showcase one's hobbies and interests. It can help find other bloggers with similar interests and give inspiration to the millions of others out there.
Two, it makes kids and teens alike more tech-savvy and gives them the skills they need for proper communication and development in the real world and virtual world.
Three, it gives no cause for secrecy and discretion if properly used and communicated. Teens and parents should communicate about such things in order to avoid secret work being done online.
Cons:
Sometimes, haters of a particular topic that the blogger might have written on, may wish to express their disapproval ( mildly speaking)and may post rude and potentially depressing comments to defame that person. ( However this does not apply if the messages are filtered and not approved in dire cases).
In order to make their blog more attractive, teens may spend online cash to buy new themes and packs for their blog. ( This is obviously with or without the knowledge of the parents and can be properly handled if teens and parents have good communication).
Third, teens may secretly post unfavourable posts that may hurt or target or shock other people. ( And all this without parental knowledge, I suppose?).
So, I hve listed three pros and hree cons. There may be more of either, but this is just my opinion on why blogging for teens should be encouraged( or not). If the pros overweigh the cons is another question.
Thanks!


The author's comments:
I really wish I had a blog!