AKB48 and speaking other languages | Teen Ink

AKB48 and speaking other languages

By KimotoKanon BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
KimotoKanon BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

“Love fortune cookie!
The future ain’t bad
Hey! Hey! Hey!
You gotta show your smile to get some of that luck
Heart - shaped fortune cookie
Let’s start making our luck better!’’

A girl. An idol. AKB48. There is a girl in AKB48 that had a throat surgery. Her surgery was before they sang “Koisuru Fortune Cookie.” The lyrics above is a segment from “Koisuru Fortune Cookie.” It was the part that the girl who had the surgery sang. Her throat made her unable to sing. Temporarily she had to depart to the hospital. Do the surgery. After it was done she was unable to do anything. Just lay in bed. “Ding!” Her phone rang, she got a text from one of her best friends. The text made her happy and she didn’t worry about anything. After sometimes she was back to her normal self. The jolly, silly, funny, and happy self. Her friends gave her courage and supported her through hard time. Rest. Then sing again and AKB48 has live concerts all over the world! Learn new languages and speak them. That girl was Oshima Yuko. Oshima Yuko, never gives up and makes people laugh, will definitely sing after the surgery.
What do you think?
STOP JUDGING THEM! It is very hard for someone to keep learning new languages and only have couple hours to practice.
Do you think that’s fair?
Why do you hate them?
Why do you judge them and they are Japanese and have an ACCENT saying other languages! They can’t speak them perfectly obviously, so stop judging them! They are not superman or super heroes! They aren’t Power Rangers or Batman!

A young girl. Going to class. To learn a new language. Starting in 7th grade she chose to learn French. Did all the homework and exercises that the teacher taught her. After a year which she is in 8th grade now and she is still learning French. Still not done learning a language completely, it takes a long time. That girl was me. It takes a long time to learn a whole new language.

The AKB48 members didn’t have to learn all about a specific language. The members just had to learn some words that they wanted to say at the concerts. They had live concerts all over the world which means that they had to learn a lot of languages not completely. Personally, learning a new language at first was hard because it was hard to pronounce words. The pronunciation of some words are hard and some words mean the same in English. I don’t have an accent while speaking other languages but nothing changes about how I learn the language.

AKB48 is an idol group in Japan. They sing J-pop music which stands for “Japanese Pop music.” They sing in Japanese. THIER SONGS MAKE PEOPLE SMILE, LAUGH, MAKES PEOPLE HAPPY. THEIR SONGS ARE CATCHY AND HAVE A MESSAGE, AND THEIR SONGS NEVER MAKE PEOPLE UNHAPPY. They are in a lot of variety shows and dramas. They are also in movies because some of the members are actresses. They are idols so they can’t fall in love so no romance. They can’t date anyone. That is one of the rules and if they break it, they will be punished.

Sarah Elaine Eaton, Doctor of Philosophy, once said “Most language teachers tell their students what you put in it, is what you get out of it.” “If you want to be able to speak without an accent, then the younger the better.” “The differences are due to three main factors: the age at which you learn, who teaches you and how long you have to learn.” “Generally, you learn a second language a lot later than you learn the first, and this can give you certain advantage.” Another expert said this who is a teacher.

“A member of AKB48, one of the most popular girl bands in Japan, has just had her hair close-cropped in penance for her ‘overnight stay’ with a guy.” Minegishi Minami was the girl who got her head shaved off because she broke one of the rules. That rule should never be broken because she is an idol. If she graduates and leaves the group then she could have a boyfriend. She had to make an apology video and this was in January 2013. All of the AKB48 members are Japanese and they have to learn a new language for all the places they have to go. Stop posting rude comments because you dislike them. They can’t say other languages very well because they had to learn a lot of languages. Plus they just learned how to say simple words or words that they needed to say.

A Japanese pop idol, hair freshly shaved to the skin, takes to YouTube and bursts into tears as she begs for mercy over her transgression. "My name is Minami Minegishi of AKB48 Team B," she says, referring to the hugely successful group she became a founding member of seven years ago. "Regarding the article that will be released today, I am so sorry for worrying my band members, fans, staff, family, and everyone else." "As an original member of AKB48, I am supposed to set an example for the junior members," she continues. "But I was thoughtless and showed a lack of self-awareness. I didn't know what to do, so I decided to shave my head without telling other band members or my agency. I don't expect to be forgiven by doing this, but the first thing I thought was that I didn't want to quit AKB48." Those quotes were from Minegishi Minami and that is how she feels after breaking the rules but she is still in the group. This only happened once in all of the years of AKB48. IT. WILL. NEVER. HAPPEN, AGAIN. BECAUSE. MINEGISHI MINAMI LEARNED HER LESSON. EVERYBODY IN AKB48 IS LIKE HER FAMILY. NOBODY WILL DO IT AGAIN. IF SHE LEFT, EVERYBODY WILL MISS HER. THEY WILL ALL CRY EVEN THOUGH PEOPLE DON’T LIKE HER, THEY WILL STILL MISS HER.

Another incident that happened in November 2013. One Direction, the boy band went to Japan to sing a part of their new song “Story of my life”. Some members of AKB48 sat on a couch listening to One Direction sang their song, the acoustic version to them. The AKB48 members tried to sing along and the song was in English. Obviously it was hard for them to sing the lyrics. Also back in 2010, AKB48 went to “the anime expo” in New York and they had to sing an English song for their last song. They had an accent but it was good though because they tried their best. STOP. JUDGING. THEM. THEY. OBVIOUSLY. CAN’T. SAY. ALL. THE. LANGUAGES. PERFECTLY. They aren’t a android or a cyborg. They had to learn a lot of languages and try to be perfect with them. Also about the One Direction incident, people kept insulting them. Stop judging them because they are different from you! They are AMAZING and they have live concerts all over the world, they sing, dance and perform. Although some people don’t appreciate them, but a lot of people around the world do and people around them too. If you hate them, that doesn’t mean everybody does. Everyone has a different opinion on everything.

“Hey! Hey! Hey!
Hey! Hey! Hey!
Life isn’t all that bad
A surprising miracle will come in a surprising way
I feel like we will be able to love each other
somewhere, somehow,
want to confess to you
but I have no confidence in myself
Because I can just imagine your reaction
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!”

Another part from the song “Koisuru Fortune Cookie” which is a peaceful song. If you stop PREJUDGING them, then this could stop! You boys and girls keep judging them by saying that their English sucks, stop singing because you sound terrible, saying swears at them, being jealous because AKB48 got to meet a boy band and not singing the song, and so on. AKB48 is already really AMAZING because they sing a lot of songs and dance. They made a lot of music videos to promote their new songs. They speak awesome Japanese because that is their language that they had to learn because they were born in Japan and grew up there. They were excited to travel all around the world to have live concerts for you and everyone. Watching them live is awesome but I never went to any of their concerts. Watching anything live is just AMAZING.