Catching Fire | Teen Ink

Catching Fire

By GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other
GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other

Rarely can it be said that the movie is better than the book, but the newly released “Catching Fire” is an exception. Fans of the book series “The Hunger Games” and the first movie of the same name will love this sequel which is packed with new characters and new dangers. But newcomers will also enjoy the well-executed movie. Brilliantly directed by Francis Lawrence, the film never has a dull moment.
In “Catching Fire” the stakes are higher than ever, and more games are being played than the ones in the arena. Starring Jenifer Lawrence as the intrepid archer Katniss Everdeen and Josh Hutcherson as her partner and lover Peeta Mellark, the movie begins as the pair who have just won the 74th Hunger Games return to their homes. Katniss must try to regain her old life, even as she finds herself trapped in a revolution she didn’t mean to start. A love triangle is the least of her worries as she embarks on a “Victors Tour” in which she must tour the districts, all while catering to President Snow’s secret agenda. The story spirals out of control, however, when the malicious President Snow announces that for a special Hunger Games, known as the Quarter Quell, previous victors of the Hunger Games will be chosen to fight against each other. Katniss is caught up once again the vicious cycle of the games, where she learns even if she survives, her life will never be the same.

With amazing special effects and a talented cast of supporting characters, “Catching Fire” is an entrancing two hours. An excellent adaptation of the poorly written but extremely imaginative books by Suzanne Collins, “Catching Fire” tells a compelling story of the dangers of government control and the power of friendship and family. Viewers will leave hungry for the next installment and ready to go fight in a revolution of their own.
Starring Jenifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Stanley Tucci, Elisabeth Banks, and Woody Harrelson.
PG-13, 2 hr. 26 min.
Action & Adventure, Science Fiction & Fantasy
Directed By: Francis Lawrence
Written By: Michael Arndt, Simon Beaufoy, Suzanne Collins

I would give this movie a solid 10/10 and rarely do I do that. :) Go see it!

GreyGirl ELITE said...
on Nov. 27 2013 at 12:28 am
GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other
I loved the movie so much! It was incredible! Thanks :)

JRaye PLATINUM said...
on Nov. 26 2013 at 8:37 pm
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

"If you build your house far enough away from Trouble, then Trouble will never find you."

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, 'I just don't care.'?"

It WAS an amazing movie!!! :D I agree with you, this movie is just as good as the book. Well written review :)