Beyonce Hits the Stage | Teen Ink

Beyonce Hits the Stage

By daniellechilson SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
daniellechilson SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

This year’s Super Bowl XLVII was held at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on Sunday, February 3, in New Orleans, Louisiana. The football game was between champions Baltimore Raven and San Francisco 49ers. The halftime show was a big hit for Beyoncé fans, as she put on an unforgettable performance.

On October 16, 2012, Beyoncé was chosen as the headline performer for this year’s Super Bowl. A few weeks prior to the performance, news got out that the singer apparently lip-synced for her rendition of the national anthem in front of the president Obama on the day of his inauguration.

It was a jaw-dropping moment when word got out. Leading up to her performance at the Super Bowl XLVII, people speculated if she would lip-sync again. Her millions of fans will be prepared to watch her closely.

As 2013’s Super Bowl came and gone, Beyoncé came out in heels with a leather and lace corset and rocked the Pepsi Super Bowl XLVII Halftime show. She brought the stadium and viewers at home a 13-minute heart stopping and a dance-worthy performance.

She came out singing “Love on Top.” Beyoncé was also joined by her old band mates from Destiny’s Child, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Rowland and Williams sang the Destiny’s Child songs, “Bootylicious” and “Independent Women.” They finished their reunion on stage by singing Beyoncé’s hit song “Single Ladies” before going off stage so she could end the halftime show with “Halo.”

Beyoncé’s performance was a definite highlight for the Super Bowl XLVII.

“….there's no question who the night belonged to: Beyoncé,” Rolling Stone says.