what happened to music?!?!

I know many adolescents today are attracted to the techno, pop, rap music that the industries keep shoving down their throats. Its easy to be attracted to such simple minded repetitive music. I find myself hating my own generation for the fact that most dress like street walkers and talk in shortened slurs. Like "omg," and "my bff jill." I simply can not stand it. Music today influences to treat women foully, take drugs, and party. For example YOLO: you only live once?? No, you live everyday, you die once. I wish such music did not influence such negitive affects on todays youth. Growing up in the 50's or 60's would be such a pleasure. Women respected themselves, teenagers were still innocent. The music of those era's was just fantastic. If only today we had the Beatles's and the Eagles, unfortunately we only have Mr. Justin Beiber and all the other train wrecks. All I have to say is "Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today" -john lennon. A genious of his time.

Alleenstaande said...
Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:02 am
It is very true that music now-a-days is nothing close to the meaningful songs of the past generation. Beautiful point.