You can only go One DIrection | Teen Ink

You can only go One DIrection

By Briskii BRONZE, Paoli, Pennsylvania
Briskii BRONZE, Paoli, Pennsylvania

May your neighbors respect you
Angels protect you
Trouble neglect you
And heaven accept you

One Direction’s “Take Me Home” is a nice blend of their bubbly personalities and love for music. This album is still upbeat like their others, but has a few slow songs on it too. Overall, the album has a nice combination of slow and upbeat songs.

The 5-boy band (whose members are in their late teens and early twenties) was discovered on the popular show “The X Factor”. Though they started out individually, Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Zain (Zayn) Malik, Louis Tomlinson, and Liam Payne, were put together to for what’s now know as: One Direction. Unlike some of their previously released albums such as “Up All Night”, this album is more relationship oriented and slow, while the others are more random and about fun.

The overall theme for this album is homesickness and relationships. While the first couple of songs on this album are fast and upbeat, the other half is slow and relationship based. The lyrics of this album tie into this slow and relationship based theme too. Some of the lyrics are deep, such as, “I’m in love with you, and all these little things,” in “Little Things”. Some are random, “You can’t go to bed, without a cup of tea… and maybe that’s the reason that you talk, in your sleep,” also in “Little Things” . some even have a deeper meaning to them “They don’t know about the up.. all.. nights… They don’t know I’ve waited all.. my.. life…” in “They Don’t Know About Us”. This gives the album a great blend of different kinds of lyrics, and makes it interesting to listen to.

As was mentioned before, the slow songs on this album are unusual for the fun-loving and hyper boys, so they stand out more. Rock Me, Little Things, They Don’t Know About Us, Change My Mind, and Summer Love stuck out for just that reason. While the slow songs are nice, there’s just something about them that just doesn’t fit the boys. A perfect example of this is Little Things. The song has a nice tune to it and is catchy, but there’s something about the boys’ voices that makes their slow songs sound slightly off. Once again, this album has its slow songs on it, but it also has the upbeat, catchy quality that is usually found in most pop music/songs.

This album is a great reflection on its artists and it's nothing short of the high expectations of One Direction, but the slower songs throw it off a little. This album gets a 4 out of 5 stars for its quality and diversity.

This is an album review that I did for english. I hope that people will see my view on both the good things and bad things about the album whether they're a One Direction fan (Directioner) or not.