Gaming is Good | Teen Ink

Gaming is Good

March 22, 2013
By AronA BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
AronA BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Videogames have some positive effects; they’re not just about killing people or cussing out other online gamers. First, videogames can be used for people to learn. Second, there is less boredom when teens play video gaming, so teens stay away from trouble. Third, there can be less peer pressure. The purpose of this essay is to show that videogames have a positive side for kids and teenagers.

Trouble decreases when teens stay home and play video games. Instead of spending time outside, they stay indoors and out of trouble. It also decreases chances of kids succumbing to peer pressure in the environment. It also gives parents more relief and makes them feel happier because they don’t have to worry as much if their kids are at home. Therefore, kids staying home and playing video games gives less chance of kids being in bad trouble.

Things such as Kinect Xbox 360 are better pieces of technology. Motion games are invented, for example ‘’Big Fat loser’’ exercising games are created because producers such as Microsoft want people to be in shape and live a healthy life and mind. Therefore, better technology into video gaming, knowledge is increased and people gain positive benefits.

Also, there can be less peer pressure. Kids don’t have to be doing drugs or alcohol. That can mess up your body because you’re putting bad things in your body. Instead, they can stay home and play video games, and get addicted to that.

Therefore, better technology creates healthy mind, less boredom, less drugs and alcohol, and less trouble. If kids stay home and play video games , they will live a happier life.